back to article iControlPad: The answer to mobile gaming control 'mares?

In response to our iOS game reviews, many readers highlight how on-screen controls for such titles are considerably impractical. Behold the iControlPad, which went on sale today and could be the solution we've all been waiting for. The iControlPad was originally designed for iPhones, but the company feared Apple wouldn't …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. David Lucke
    Thumb Up

FINALLY!!!

Its been obvious since the first iPhone games came out that touchscreen phone games were going to be uncontrollable with onscreen buttons and joysticks, and that you needed some kind of separate controls. I'm glad someone has finally come up with the goods.

Hopefully the price will come down a tad, though.

2. Gordon 10
    FAIL

Jailbreak to use?

Madness! Let me know when its less fugly, doesnt require jailbreaking and is iphone approved by apple.

Talk about limiting your market.

1. thecakeis(not)alie

Wait...what?

You own an iPhone and it's not jailbroken? You am the hive mind, dude.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Troll

Umm

"Talk about limiting your market."

You chose to enter that limited market.

/me points at the troll, shouts "it was him" and runs, fast.

3. Anonymous Coward
      FAIL

So...

Can you show me again where it says jailbreaking is required? Idiot.

3. Ian Ferguson
    Thumb Up

Yay

I've been wondering when somebody will finally make one of these. Hopefully lots of competing versions will be made, but all using the standard bluetooth keyboard protocol... encouraging iOS game makers to support standard bluetooth keys (eg. arrow keys, space) for their games.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Horns

@Gordon 10

> Talk about limiting your market.

... well, sounds like the wanted to make a "clean" iPhone controller but because of the probably Apple restrictions etc they've ended up with something that requires a jailbroken Apple ... or, it seems, any Android phone .... sounds like expanding to the soon to be dominant market to me!

5. KidCosmique
    Go

improve design

The idea is great but the design downright ugly plus it looks like it's made of rubber or really cheap plastic? Make sure that the design is sturdy and attractive and I'm grabbing one for my Desire HD to play SNES games on it.http://www.reghardware.com/Design/graphics/icons/comment/go_32.png

6. KidCosmique

improve design

The idea is great but the design has to be improved because being just black all over it looks very boring plus it looks in the picture like it's made of rubber or some cheap plastic? Improve the design to an attractive and sturdy one and I'm getting one to play SNES games on my Desire HD. Hope The Register will get one for a review.http://www.reghardware.com/Design/graphics/icons/comment/go_32.png

7. Andy E
    Happy

Ring, ring

What happens when you get a phone call?

Just wondering....

1. Dave 142

Why

Why would you want to talk to someone on your phone?

This topic is closed for new posts.