back to article Sir Elton outs iPad 2 release date

Several readers emailed us this morning claiming that Elton John today suggested that the iPad 2 will be on sale in April. The Grammy Award-winning star's comments came on BBC One's breakfast show this morning. Unfortunately, we can't confirm his words: the programme isn't available in BBC iPlayer, and no one's uploaded the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

record for prediction

Well, Sir Elton has predicted things correctly in the past ... he did predict he was going to be knighted to the US media before the official announcement ... though he may have had some insider information on that one!

2. Whitter

Elton John - Apple logistics insider?

I might have been quoted saying the same thing, using no other insider info than that from El Reg. But as soon as I consider an iPad, I think of Apple's control fetish and hope for a viable alternative I can get for my techophobe mother. Before April. Please.

3. Jim Coleman
    Grenade

Mmmmh?

Been using Skype on my HP TM2 for quite some time now, works very well. The apple laptop users in the Austrian Wifi bar I was in last time I used it to call home were impressed with the touchscreen AND keyboard. Seems it's one or the other with Apple products?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Mmmmh?

Ah - welcome fellow HP TM2 user. I recently got mine and the capacitive + wacom screen is rather fun.

4. Dave Murray
    Dead Vulture

Truely it is tombstone time

Why would anyone think this warbler would know anything about the release date or capabilities of some as unreleased gadget? More likely he wants one in April because it's his birthday / anniversary / something and he thinks he can Skype on an iPad because its a magical, revolutionary computery thing so you must be able to do so.

Where will El Reg get it's insider tips from next? CBBC?

1. BorkedAgain
      Coat

Funnily enough...

Mr Tumble tipped an April release this very morning.

1. David Barrett

Mr Tumble?

Wouldnt Mr Tumble have been on cbeebies?

I believe the CBBC tech corespondant is Roy...

2. Just Thinking

Love that idea

Elton John having to wait for his birthday to get an iPad. They are quite expensive, maybe it is a combined birthday and christmas present?

5. Studley
    Coat

He'll be using it mostly at weekends

because Saturday Night's Alright For Skyping.

1. norisk

I salute you sir!

No jacket required Phil - biggest grin of the day.

6. John Moppett
    FAIL

Really?

Saw this interview several times. Elton kept repeating that he is a Luddite, with no mobile or computer, so he seems an unlikely candidate for assuming the dat, based on Internet chatter and speculation!

7. Msyea2

Clip below... I doubt he's enlightened.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-12379815

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Sir Elton and tech

Given that he admitted in the same interview that he's a luddite, doesn't have a mobile phone or a computer, it seems unlikely that he would have been fed inside information.

9. Josco

But he can already

I use Skype on my fondle slab already.... Why can't he. Doesn't need a camera, in fact most of my callers prefer it that way, can't think why.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

saw this with the sound turned down

didn't realise it was elton john, thought it was some old granny

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Reg might read el Reg

He might just have seen speculation about fondleslab 2.0 on this esteemed organ.

1. This post has been deleted by its author

12. Valerion

Prudent

He could always buy one now and then another in April.

Oh hang on - Elton John? Oh yes, he's known for being extremely careful with money and only buying the absolute necessities.

13. JaitcH
    Thumb Up

Given that Elton is a fashion trend setter ...

he is most in line for one of the thousands of promo samples sent out free by Apple PR.

And if he wrote a song about it, Apple would be even happier.

1. paul 97
      Grenade

Eltons on the band wagon

All you have to do is mention apple , give them some praise and then many media outlets will be on the case and you'll be back in the papers. (The guardian / BBC Im looking at you mainly)

I doubt you would get the same reaction saying I prefer HP to daddies.

Remember theres no such thing as bad news if it gets these people some attention.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like