back to article Egypt loses last vestiges of connectivity

Thousands of Egyptians ignored the government curfew and camped out overnight ahead of today's "million-man march" protests. The government meanwhile has tightened its grip on communications - Noor Group, which provided connectivity for the Cairo stock exchange, five star hotels and other businesses has had its internet access …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Cashpoints

I heard that cashpoints have stopped working too, presumably due to the Interwebs being undone. Not confirmed though.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Troll

Re: Cashpoints

nope, I believe it is because banks didn't want people to withdraw their savings from their accounts.

1. Geoff Thompson
        Coat

Good Luck to them

I heard it was because of a pyramid selling scam.

Good luck to the people.

2. Mister_C
    Megaphone

BBC world service

Foreign language broadcasting is due to be cut in favour of online content. I do hope that at least one of the suits behind that decision has seen at least one of the Egyptian lockdown stories and has the guts to put two and two together.

Although I doubt it.

Can we have the Rice Krispies advert tune for our new national anthem please?

Snap Crackle Pop. Crazy crazy world. Crazy crazy world we live in

3. Tron Silver badge

Internet over amateur radio.

http://www.echolink.org/

Simples.

1. Anonymous Coward
      FAIL

Internet over amateur radio

Because there's a ham on every block that the people can turn to when they need to communicate and organise ...

4. Ubuntu Is a Better Slide Rule
    Pirate

Time For Arab Radio Amateurs

...to break the regulations regarding Amateur Radio. After the revolution, these rules should again be obeyed.

5. fortheloveofgod
    Go

This would be the perfect opportunity...

to put a ghetto blaster on the streets of Cairo and play the Bangles - Walk like an Egyptian... it would be a Youtube/World Record for most people walking like an Egyptian!...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like