back to article Naked Honolulu bloke rescued from garbage chute

Honolulu firefighters yesterday extracted a naked man from a rubbish chute after he unsuccessfully attempted to evade cops by taking the fast route out of a Waikiki apartment building. Police responded to a 4am 911 call from a resident on the seventh floor who told them his roommate "had been drinking heavily, physically …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Simon Barnes

terror ?

""first-degree terroristic threatening charges"

ah, so domestic disputes are now terrorism too ? Glad to hear that legislation isn't being misapplied...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Big Brother

Yup

We've sleep-walked into police states...

1. JasonH
        Badgers

Hmm, and not just that, either..

.. we seem to be sleep-walking into the regular misuse of the English language: 'terroristic' indeed.

I thought 'verbing' of nouns was bad enough...

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Nothing wrong with adjectivising adjectives.

Especially if the adjective your adjectivising is the adjectivisation of a noun.

Yours,

Anonymoustic Coward

1. Anonymous Coward
            Anonymous Coward

Hey.

I've got more anonymousicalousness than you

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Diverging opinions

The detainee also says it is rubbish, but the police insists it's the naked truth.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Hardly a terrorist

He didn't chute anyone.

1. Pirate Dave Silver badge
      Pirate

no but...

he did chute himself.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Grenade

terroristic != al qaeda

Quick googling shows "terroristic threat" is a specific charge in Hawaian state law and and covers items such as threating someone on more than one occasion, threatening a member of the emergency medical services while they are performing their duty or threating someone with a dangerous implement. I.e. its basically a charge of threatening someone with the intent of making them feel terror ... which in the UK would be classified as assault.

So the comments above are the usual case that as soon as the word "terrorist" is attached to anything the people assume that it can only be applied to people of middle eastern or irish origin.

1. Alicia

No, dear

They said domestic violence != terrorism.

*you* interpreted that as "only "people of middle eastern or irish origin" create terrorism".

What they could possibly have meant was that terrorism = large scale destruction and loss of life.

4. Michael 28
    Pint

Head first?

...as the article implies? Oh, the HUMANITY! Emergency services aren't paid enough.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Headmaster

Now wait for it....

.... to become a plotline on the remake of Hawaii - five - 0.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Coat

Hose him down Dann-O

then Book him..

Da- da- da- da- dah- da- de d de de dee....

6. Steven Hunter
    Coat

Maybe he's watched Star Wars too many times?

I don't care what you smell, get in there...

7. GBE

terroristic != al qaeda

The "terroristic threat" offense is called that in most states in the US and has been on the books since long before "terrorism" became a hotbutton issue. I'm not sure if assault is a separate offense or if terroristic threat is a subclass of assult.

8. FozzyBear
    Pint

Brillant stuff

I woken up in some weird places after a heavy night on the turps, but never a rubbish chute. Shame about the terror charges, but hey, shit happens.

9. kain preacher

terroristic threat

it's a separate charge. Most places in the US were it is used, it replace the charge of make death threats. In some states like mine he could also be charged with domestic violence and intimation.

10. Dennis Wilson
    WTF?

WTF

A naked american, upside down in a rubbish chute!!!!!!

So where is the story here?

This topic is closed for new posts.