back to article Google backslaps Schmidt with $100m award

Google’s outgoing CEO Eric Schmidt, who will be succeeded by the company’s co-founder Larry Page in April, will reportedly pocket a $100m equity award. According to Bloomberg, which cites a person familiar with the matter, Schmidt’s payout is the first such equity award he will have received since joining Google as board …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Gordon Pryra
    Grenade

What the hell do I pay my taxes for?

If he is not wearing a tie, then the fuzz at the door should shoot him for impertinence to his betters .

Bloody colonialists....

1. Anonymous Coward
      Headmaster

That would be colonists

We (the British) are the colonialists.

1. Sorry that handle is already taken. Silver badge

Colonials, I'd have thought

Type your comment here — plain text only, no HTML

2. Chris Miller
    FAIL

WTF?

E.S. is rarely to be seen in public without a suit and tie, as a quick Google search would have revealed.

1. Anonymous Coward
      FAIL

He's a UK Government Minister...

... he won't know how to use Google.

3. JaitcH
    Pint

Schmidt: Worth every cent!

Seeing how Google has progressed under Schmidt's guidance, along with it's share appreciation, $100-million is a bargain.

4. dogged
    Coat

$100m

pretty much the going rate for having to talk to people like Jeremy C^HHunt.

5. MinionZero
    Happy

""wear a tie” asked Culture Secretary Jeremy Hunt"

I guess when you are worth billions, you no longer have to worry about conforming to other peoples dress code demands, as no one is really your boss. (Plus I couldn't even tell you who does and doesn't wear ties, as its not something I notice or care about, but clearly Mr Jeremy Hunt does). So after a snide "wear a tie” comment like that, I wouldn't wear a tie, just to piss off Mr Jeremy Hunt. :)

By the way, "Mr Jeremy Hunt" sounds like Rhyming Slang for how he behaves. ;)

6. Andy Fletcher

Hurrah

Schmidt is leaving. Nothing else needs saying.

7. RichyS
    FAIL

Careless Twitter

Pretty careless of Jeremy Hunt to spell Schmidt's name incorrectly. I mean, how would he like it if someone got his name wrong. Oh wait...

8. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Eric, remember me?

We shared a peddle boat in Amsterdam in July 1987 as part of Sun Microsystems' european kick off. Remember getting all those kites entangled in the yatch masts? I think some of the owners would be thrilled to meet you.

Can you spare $1m?

1. Heff
      Thumb Up

...and after the break

more from "Craisglist CEOs - Missed connections";

"I saw you at the savoy grill, me, young and foolish, toying with a bordeaux, you asset-stripping a braziliain mining conglomerate in a rich navy suit... Our eyes met just briefly...."

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like