back to article Pirate Party seizes Tunisian ministry

The Pirate Party has reportedly gained a foothold in the new Tunisian government following the downfall of Zine al-Abidine Ben Ali's regime. Among the new faces named in the transitional government under prime minister Mohammed Ghannouchi is Slim Amamou, a blogging activist and Pirate Party member who will be Secretary of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

heh

Reminds me of tropico

"Now remember el Presidente to keep your off shore bank account well looked after"

2. Tron Silver badge

I hope he got a desk. It's no fun holding public office without a desk.

If he needs one, everyone's favourite MLF, can do him a 386 running Linux for about 227 dinars.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Go

As a Pirate*

It's nice to see the PPT doing well.

Now: Prepare to repel borders!

Non-UK.

4. Turtle

What would have been appropriate...

It would have been more appropriate if this happened in Libya, so that he would have been a Barbary Pirate.

5. Mike Flugennock
    Pint

Arrrrr-rrrrrr

Yo ho ho, and a bottle of whatever wicked-assed shit they're drinking in the clubs in Tunis these days.

6. Robert Carnegie Silver badge

Not

a different bloke with the same name?

Mine's a bit odd but a few other people in the world have got it.

7. Paul Johnston
    Thumb Up

Good Luck

One thing you cannot accuse these people of is being dilettantes.

Taking on any Middle East / North African government is seriously liable to damage your health.

Been taken in by "Security Forces" can mean very bad things are about to happen to you and your friends and family. Here's to hoping things are going to get better for the people of Tunisia.

This topic is closed for new posts.