back to article Cops break up Kinect Boxing bout

Eight Swedish cops last week stormed a couple's home in Uddevalla after a neighbour reported five people beating up a woman. It was a false alarm - they were just playing Kinect Sports. One Robert Johansson, 25, was actually throwing punches in a virtual boxing match with his buddies and told Swedish-language tabloid …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Matt_payne666

somethings fishy here...

6 Player boxing? or maybe this was the much anticipated Kinect Twister - 5 blokes, one girl, bottle of baby oil.....................

1. Wommit
      Paris Hilton

STRIP TWISTER!

The _ONLY_ game to play with 'friends'.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

No need for regret.

"A spokesman for Gothenburg plod regretted the misunderstanding..."

What misunderstanding? Genuinely concerned (albeit misinformed) phone call from a neighbour about a 5 on 1 kicking. Plod leap into action and race round there immediately.

Being a Brit, I'm impressed they showed up at all. And on the same day!? WOW!

Fuck it! I'm moving the family to Gothenburgh.

1. Sir Runcible Spoon
      Grenade

Sir

Likewise impressed.

In this country plod would only be there quickly if someone had reported a presence of a gun.

Mind you they would probably sit outside the house for 4 hours once they did arrive.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Sir

"In this country plod would only be there quickly if someone had reported a presence of a gun."

Hardly, some bloke found a gun in the street and the plod told him to bring it to the station.

Presumably so they could charge him with possession.

On the other hand if someone had complained that he was called names then the plod would have been straight round.

3. Vince Lewis 1
    Go

I second the move to Sweden

Not only are the police force prompt, but the houses have rooms big enought to play multiplayer Kinect games with out taking a sledge hammer to dividing walls.

1. Marvin the Martian
      Troll

Sweden also has lovely lakes.

Tho a moose once bit my sister...

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Those responsible...

...have been sacked.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Felt awkward when asked who was beaten.

So, the girl won then.

5. Ian Michael Gumby
    Joke

Embarrassing?

What, the girl whipped their wimpy arses?

Now that would be embarrassing.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like