back to article Google opens API for url shrinker

Google has launched an API for its new url shortening service. When the company launched its goo.gl url shortener to world+dog in the fall, it promised to eventually provide a programming interface, and on Monday, it finally rolled the thing out at Google Code Labs – to much fanfare among the Googly set. "With this API, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. felixthehat

tsk

splash out and buy g.gl?

1. some vaguely opinionated bloke
      Coat

GMTA

... though I was considering gu.gl - just to try preserving the sound as well...

2. frank ly

Worth a try I suppose

I just typed 'goo.gl' into goo.gl. It didn't break it but it certainly didn't shorten it.

1. TeeCee Gold badge
      Joke

Re: Worth a try I suppose

Well that's just great. Somewhere on the planet a large data centre has just recursed itself into a black hole. Congratulations on being responsible for The End Of The World As We Know It.....

3. JaitcH
    Pint

Long past due, but still welcome

Google, in supplying this service, offers a virtually guaranteed reliable service that is unlikely to disappear, as others have on occasion.

Use with confidence.

4. Gannon (J.) Dick
    IT Angle

The answer is Norway (.no)

I assume Denmark got as good a price for Greenland (.gl) as Tuvalu got for (,tv).

Not that Google would ever even think of breaking ccTLD, that would be like, invading personal privacy.

Searching in vain for my Eric Schmidt halo icon ...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like