back to article Facebook worm spread via photo album chat lure

A new worm that spreads using a photo album chat message lure began proliferating across Facebook over the weekend. The photo lure is used to hoodwink potential users into downloading a malicious file, which appears in the guise of a photo viewing application. Victims are prompted to click a "View Photo" button. Gullible …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. scarshapedstar
    Heart

Bloody 'ell!

'For example, one survey scam lure doing the rounds over the weekend falsely offered a news update of the death of famous rapper Tupac Shakur.'

What's next? A false news update of the death of famous generalissimo Francisco Franco?

(I hope these cultural references don't go over ALL y'all limeys' heads)

1. Graham Marsden
      Happy

Generalissimo Francisco Franco...

... is still dead!

Click here for details: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generalissimo_Francisco_Franco_is_still_dead

2. IsJustabloke
    WTF?

I refuse to enoble a simple forum post....

I'm always surprised at the gullability of the avergae FB user... I use facebook but have never fallen prey to any of these infections.

I know pretty much all of my FB friends irl and they are on the whole quite intelligent people yet pretty much every one of them has fallen for the , "who's viewed me / Your first post" type stuff.

Hey ho...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Flame

Thank you so very much

You've just proven that FB users are on average below average intelligence.

1. IsJustabloke
        Stop

Actually...

Interesting POV... utter bollocks but interesting nonetheless.

I don't think its that as such although there are any number of thicko's on FB.

I suspect its more to do with not being particularly computer literate and not really thinking things through.

For those of us that are computer literate we tend to forget that to the vast majority of the world "computuers" are something of a black art.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

So they purged this application quickly...

...but the others (view your first status, see who viewed your profile, etc) are all still around.

Did these people manage to piss off a member of Facebook staff to get the VIP removal treatment?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like