back to article Lenovo slims down for All-in-One PC

All-in-one PCs are supposedly what every consumer wants - most manufacturers say so, including Lenovo, which has revealed four new IdeaCentre and all-in-one desktops at CES this week. The IdeaCentre A320 is apparently the industry's slimmest all-in-one design and measures just 18.5mm deep at its thinnest point. The A320 has a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

June ?

Who is going to wait until June ! 6 months is a really long time to wait. Perhaps I prefer Apple's approach of just springing new products on the market (aside from leaks from the far east).

1. Richard 81

Hey big spender.

People who actually have to save up for stuff?

2. Giles Jones Gold badge

So..

I guess the idea being that the average joe doesn't upgrade their computer with PCIx cards anyway and if you build in everything they need then you aren't really going to need to upgrade it either.

It's pretty much a laptop with a bigger screen and separate keyboard.

1. Richard 81

More like

More like the PC equivalent of an iMac. Stick on the latest Ubuntu or hack OS X onto it and you're pretty much there. Much cheaper too.

2. Peter Mc Aulay

Upgrades

Well, the big, extensible desktop does seem to be losing ground to more practical and compact devices.

I don't remember the last time anyone asked me to install a PCI card in their machine. Most people I know only have notebooks, in fact. This has been so ever since computers got so ridiculously powerful and cheap that any given PC nowadays can do anything the average user wants to do, which is essentially web browsing and some light multimedia work.

I build my own, but we're a dying breed...

3. Jeroen Braamhaar
    FAIL

So basically

these combine all the disadvantages of a laptop with all the disadvantages of a desktop ?

4. Lottie

Nice!

Stylish looks indeed! I think if I ever needed an all in one for media consumption, I'd seriously consider this machine.

450 isn't too much either really... How does it compare to a similarly priced telly?

5. Steven Knox
    Thumb Down

What who wants?*

* (not to be confused with Who wants Who -- that's here: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/01/05/who_marriage/)

"All-in-one PCs are supposedly what every consumer wants - most manufacturers say so..."

That's because all-in-one PCs are what manufacturers want. If you have to buy a new monitor every time you buy a PC, they can get more profit per sale. Not to mention if any part breaks, they can sell a whole new system. Plus they can charge a premium for "style."

6. Snapper
    Thumb Down

Is it me or are they.......

Fugly!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like