back to article Call recording on the iPhone... or other mobiles

Is it possible to record a phone conversation on the Apple iPhone? If not, which mobiles or PDAs are the best at recording phone calls?

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. K7AAY
    Thumb Up

Nokia 9300 / 9300i have a Recorder app...

Call recorder v 0.3 works just dandy and records calls to Nokia-native AMR format (readily converted to MP3/ OGG/ whatever).

http://www.my-communicator.com/s80/download/search.php?name=Call%20Recorder

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Some of my Nokia's will do this

I have had a variety of Communicators, 9000, 9110i, but nothing newer, and also 6310i. At least two of these allow call recording, probably the communicators and I would expect the newer versions (but check the otherwise fax-emasculated E90 carefully first in case they pulled this as well) to do so as it is a useful business function.

If you are looking at the iPhone, then this assumes that you wouldn't mind something else larger than the average phone and with more functions.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

A handy feature

I too wish more phones had this, my 3 year old Ericson F500i does (just hit a button during a call) and it was incredibly useful for reference as my mind tends to go blank during calls.

Alas, american influence (read: worries about lawsuits) in the boardrooms put paid to that, and every phone i've used since has only snapshot recording of 1 minute, and/or beeps during the call "to inform the caller that they are being recorded".

For fucks sake, i'm only recording an appointment date till i can get a pen, not spying on the pentagon!

I dunno about Ericsons nowadays, but forget about Nokias (without 3rd party apps), and as the iPhone is yank-made, theres NO bloody chance.

4. Nicholas Moore

Nokia E61

I know the Nokia E61 does - I keep on finding random recordings of calls when I've accidently hit the "record" button (which I do frequently when trying to change the volume of it).

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

my k850i

can do this great, saves it in AAC format though but it has no 1 min limit nor does it do a beep. my old k750i did it and i have no reason to suspect the k800 or the k810 don't do it

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like