back to article Google Nexus S out Wednesday

Carphone Warehouse is knocking back the release of the Samsung-Google Nexus S a couple of days. You'll pay £430, if you buy it sans Sim when it arrives on Wednesday, 22 December. If you can get your mitts on it at all. Both CW and Best Buy, which is also selling the Nexus S in the UK, said onmly "key" stores will have stock. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

Samsung & Google

Marriage made in heaven? Or hell? Looks like Samsung is the chosen one, they can even charge iPhone-like prices, with the rest of manufacturers flogging cheap Android plastic?

2. Peter Townsend
    Alert

Not sure about this

when the Nexus One came out it was clearly the best Android phone about, but this new model doesn't really match either the HTC Desire HD or Samsung Galaxy S on paper.

3. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

CW & Best Buy?

Aren't they the same organistation these days. Sort of like PC-World & Curry's. Same old shit in both places. I mean £17.99 for a USB Cable? Please.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Strong customer interest"..?

Are they blaming it or shamelessly trying to stump some up?

My money's on the latter.

5. lf2k5
    WTF?

549 > 429 in 24 hrs?!

Thx El Reg... you just saved me 120 quid... I preordered on Sunday, and if it hadn't have been for this article I would have paid 549 quid.

A swift call to customer services (which was like pulling teeth) and I managed to cancel the order, and reorder at the new price from the website.

Still - highly unlikely to see the phone this side of xmas... there's no stock according to c/s, despite what it says on the site...

1. Alex C
      Megaphone

hehe

The price really hacked me off last week so I phoned them up pretending to be a journalist explaining that I was putting together an article on how to get around rip-off Britain by buying from Best Buy, and asking if they had a comment as to why they were £150 more than their US counterparts, and explaining some law regarding abuse of a monopoly.

They didn't seem that interested so I put in a complaint to the Competition Commission & Ofcom too.

I expect others have done the same too, but it's nice to know if you shout loud enough these rip-offs can be fixed.

6. Shane Warner
    Thumb Up

Blackberry Cell Phones

BlackBerry 9700 Bold is a multitasking Smartphone incorporated with all communication and entertainment tools is available at its lowest price with the best cell phone deal at cellhub.com

http://www.cellhub.com/t-mobile-cell-phones/blackberry-9700-bold-flash-white.html

Blackberry 9700

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like