back to article RIM sues LG over Chocolate, Shine brand

Research in Motion (RIM) has begun legal proceedings in the US against LG, claiming the South Korean company's Black Label brand is too close to its own BlackBerry trademark, Bloomberg reports. RIM - colloquially called 'Lawsuits in Motion' - has form. In December 2006, it sent Samsung a similar lawsuit, this time complaining …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. TeeCee Gold badge
    Coat

Black Label

In that case, whoever owns the Johnnie Walker whisky brand should be up for a big payout from RIM. Stressed execs must be finding it very annoying accidently purchasing a cheesy, overpriced, Tamagochi* / phone when they want a shot of the old nerve-pacifier.....

* Tamagochi: Another weird craze for having an electronic gadget that continually pesters you for attention.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Bl00dy pedantic RIMjobbers

What the hell are RIM playing at?

Black Label (two words, commonly used on many products) is not remotely similar to BlackBerry. I hope LG tell RIM just what they can do with their legal papers.

3. Keiran

Errmm, what about....

Carling Black Label??

4. Dale
    Joke

Grocery Store

So I was in the grocery store the other day and I noticed that blackberries were on sale! Man those things are cheap! I'm still trying to figure out how to send an email from the tiny little thing.

Farmers should sue RIM!

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

RIM?

Not owned by big Mo Fayed are they? He was a legend in legal circles for a while, as he tried to sue every company using the word "Ritz" - until Nabisco delicately told him where to go!!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like