back to article Dubya to speak his mind at Facebook event

The ex-US president of all our hearts, George W Bush, will be hanging out at Facebook’s Silicon Valley headquarters to field questions from the social network’s stalkers later today. However, the Mark Zuckerberg-run company has already yanked the page advertising the event following what we at Vulture Central can only assume …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Speak his mind?

Wouldn't he need one first in order to speak it?

Fail, because that's him.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The page is available again

Probably with only a select few anti-remarks remaining so they can pretend they aren't heavily moderating it. Typical freespeechtards.

The remaining comments makes me want to vomit my fucking guts up so hard I choke to death on my own arsehole.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Dubya to speak his mind at Facebook event

That should be brief.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Paris Hilton

If he stutters a bit, should take all of ten seconds... and that's only if he remembered to bring his cue cards...

Paris, because if The National Examiner was telling the truth, he's got a roving eye or three

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Won't take long then.

I know somebody will have beaten me to it, but I still couldn't resist.

5. Geoff Campbell Silver badge
    WTF?

"Dubya to speak his mind"

Shouldn't take long....

GJC

1. Geoff Campbell Silver badge
      WTF?

Four down votes for a simple one-liner?

I didn't know Dubya had a fan club, and I certainly wouldn't have expected to find them all here.

GJC

1. Grease Monkey Silver badge

Bush fans?

I not several anti-Bush jokes on here have a lot of downvotes. Has Dubya learned to read or something?

6. Pete 2 Silver badge

Doesn't need facebook

a short tweet would do it

7. HP Cynic

Argh

I really hoped that when this barely-sentient buffoon finished his term he'd have the decency to disappear into obscurity and hopefully be remembered only as an amusing footnote (marred by that illegal invasion of Iraq and support of torture).

He was a massive embarrassment to the human race let alone his native country.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Headmaster

But...

...how did he learnify the technologification to be interactin' with the internet?

9. Daemon ZOGG
    Pirate

George W Bush

The guy that ran half the US Constitution through the paper shredder? ..Steps one foot on my property and it'll be a bare-knuckled brawl, followed by verbal insults the likes of which no human has ever experienced. And all of that "before", I get tackled by the bodyguards.

10. Rocco 2
    Unhappy

This war criminal belongs in prison, not on Facebook.

Why isn't this war criminal in jail? He admitted to breaking the Geneva Convention. What's he gonna say, that he wants to waterboard anyone who disagrees with him?

1. ian 22

And yet...

There are still those who think he was a good president.

As Abraham Lincoln said, "You can fool all of the people some of the time, and you can fool some of the people all of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time."

The ones who think he was a good'un clearly fall into the second category. To them I say, "I have a bridge in central London that I'll gladly sell you."

11. FozzyBear
    WTF?

UnFuckinbelievable

Facebook has found its’ new poster child. Just can't figure out if it's an advertisement or a warning, or is there a difference in this case

12. DLSmith
    WTF?

Let's face it, he probably still doesn't understand why all the hullabaloo about these TV typewriters and the interspace.

Besides, if he ACTUALLY wrote more than a paragraph that's in his book I'd be truly amazed and ask who was moving his hand.

He's probably happy now that Cheney doesn't have his hand up his behind working his mouth.

13. Blasmeme
    Jobs Horns

A Dunya Icon...

...would be great to commemorate this momentous event. Better still if you could give it the same treatment as the one displayed.

14. Mr Larrington
    FAIL

Pure history, man!

A talking monkey.

15. thecakeis(not)alie

"Dubya to speak his mind at Facebook event."

Dick Cheney has learned to use a keyboard?

16. kain preacher

Jealousy

You folks are just jealous that G.W. Bush had the balls to stand up and defend democracy. Some thing you spineless Euro trash leaders didn't have the balls to do. We alone defeated communism and eliminated racism . We also invented the internet and sex .

1. Grease Monkey Silver badge

That's Rich

Defend democracy? That's the funniest thing I've heard all week. The one thing that George W(anker) Bush didn't believe in was democracy. He hates the very idea of democracy.

17. MVS
    Linux

OK, we've had a laugh, now try being objective.

It would be a better dialog if you were willing to look at both the good and bad. Bush was one of the better leaders in that he didn't run from the fight (radical Islam), he tried to bridge the aisles (much to the chagrin of conservatives), and he made principled decisions based on what he believed best for the country.

Have you read the book so you can refute with facts?

One of my guiding principles is to consider carefully the admonition: Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil. So if you're going to call Bush evil, make a good argument, without all the drama, and be careful not to defend headlines, but the real story. Oft times I hear those who would call Bush a terrorist defending behaviour antithetical to the U.S. Constitution. If you believe crimes were committed, just be sure to apply the same standard to all others as well.

Unless you can make a reasoned argument to the contrary, I believe Bush is not only intelligent, but honest and courageous. I didn't agree with some of his decisions, but I think history will vindicate him. I saw the left go radical, and had seen an email around the end of 2000 which laid out the strategy of disinformation the press and others were going to use to discredit him. Sure enough, all of their petulant bleating got louder and louder, but very few challenged the lies. I'm so glad to see some justice with Mr. CBS, Dan (I'd) Rather (not tell the truth) . In his book, Bush talks about the hurtful lies and misinformation, but felt it was beneath the office to go on the attack. I wished he had come out more to defend the administration, but he had made a principled choice not take a chance to tarnish the Presidency's luster on his watch.

For crying out loud, look up the news reports on the economy in 2005, they were talking about how terrible it was, and yet it was strong. That should be at least a yellow flag for someone who wishes to be objective. Katrina is another example. I saw the press conference a day or so before it hit, and Bush asked if there was anything the governor of Louisiana needed, and the governor said no. The Federal government has to be asked to help, they couldn't unilaterally push in to help without permission. There is blame to go around, so make sure to look at it objectively (think about all the flooded buses in N'orleans). It's time to defend the truth, and I won't defend anyone based on party or otherwise, but based on their actions.

And if you're not willing to take a breath and have a respectful conversation to defend your points, then don't waste the time.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like