back to article Head of UK.gov IT quits

John Suffolk, the official in charge of the government's overall IT strategy, has resigned. He will leave the £207,000 post at the end of the year, after just under five years as Whitehall's Chief Information Officer, based at the Cabinet Office. He has campaigned for radical reform of government IT, including slashing the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

Impressive

"Suffolk joined the Cabinet Office in 2006 from the Home Office, where he was in charge of IT in the criminal justice system. Prior to that he worked in financial services, including at the Britannia Building Society."

With a CV like that he should be able to get a job anywhere.

AC because I did a contract for Britannia and recall their IT only to clearly. Does anyone else remember NatStar ?

2. JaitcH
    Alert

What will be interesting to observe ...

is which government supplier will hire him.

The doors go around and around.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

Why so hasty?

After raking in a million (plus expenses) for writing some memos, I think he deserves some time off to maybe play some golf, or buy a golf course.

AC because this post may cause him to feel alarmed and menaced.

4. Is it me?

I suspect

He read the writing on the wall for highly paid civil service posts, and has his exit plan up to date.

There's quite a few talented CIO's in government who can do the job just as well for half the dosh, and no I'm not one of them.

At least he's better value than a couple I could mention.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like