back to article Watchdog lauds better phone contract refund terms

The UK's major mobile phone retailers have pledged to make it easier for punters to cancel contracts if there's poor network coverage, independent advisory body the Communications Consumer Panel (CCP) said today. The CCP has been lobbying networks and the retailers that sell their airtime contracts to provide a standard policy …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Mike Hanna

Hmmm

Can someone advise ISP's that they should do the same with their up-to claims normally much higher than actual speeds. That's exactly the same as having poor mobile coverage, isn't it?

1. Test Man
      Stop

Nope.

That's the whole point of them saying "up to", it doesn't mean you'll get full speed. That said, maybe a level whereby if it's lower then it'd be regarded as unacceptable would be better, a percentage of the top speed (maybe less than 30%?).

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Perhaps

It would be easier just to stick up a new masts where the coverage is shite. Like near my house for example. Cambs/Norfolk border, so not exactly in the middle of nowhere, although some may disagree. And its not a specific provider problem - all networks are shite here.

1. Chad H.
      Stop

Hardly

To install a cell tower you're looking as a planning nightmare, as more folk get convinced they give cancer, a small fortune for the electronics, and another small fortune to cable up the tower.

In the meantime orange and 3 claim at least 92% population 3G coverage and 99ish% 2g, meaning anywhere left isn't going to see a lot of calls, and thus not earn it's keep.

3. micheal
    WTF?

Here i am in central london

First floor in Moorgate, at the front I have 3 bars, at the back I have 1 or less bars.....tell me again how good T-mobile, Orange, 02 and Vodafone are in big cities? I have all 4 network phones here and all are shite coverage, but the Blackberry edge is at full tilt!!

4. Andy Hards
    WTF?

Who are the CCF?

I thought it was the Centre Cultural Francaise, non? And why are they advising OFCOM and not the CCP?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like