back to article Ellison roasts HP chairman for 'absurd lie'

Larry Ellison has broadened his attack on Hewlett-Packard's management by accusing chairman Ray Lane of lying. On Wednesday afternoon, Oracle's CEO issued a statement calling it an "absurd lie" to say that HP's CEO pick, Leo Apotheker, knew nothing of SAP's alleged theft of Oracle trade secrets. Apotheker was CEO of SAP for …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Sir Name
    Jobs Horns

Ellison

Ellison has long suffered from acute testosterone poisoning. It seemed to be in remission for awhile but, apparently, he's had a major new outbreak. His recent public tantrum around HP is making him a laughing stock and large customers of Oracle must be watching it all with some degree of concern. Bill Gates is no doubt rolling his eyes at the spectacle and being thankful that he no longer has to deal with the outbursts of children like Ellison.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Happy

I/T soap opera with billions to spend

I hear Oracle is almost done with their research on Brocade to make a friendly takeover.

The other double rumor is HP is about to buy logmein to increase it's competition with Cisco.

Ray's

2. kevin elliott
    FAIL

Bad for Both

A public slanging match like this does nothing good - and looks bad on both HP and Oracle.

This comes across as being personal, not business - and when senior execs of public corporations put personal issues before business, it doesn't bode well. For either company.

1. Stoneshop
      Flame

And this is a problem

how, exactly?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Bad for Ellison

If he is publically accusing an individual person of stealing ... well, I'm sure that there is a law against that if he hasn't got any proof.

What is it ... defamation of character? Something like that, I'm sure. Ellison just might have stepped over the line this time.

1. This post has been deleted by its author

3. TeeCee Gold badge
    WTF?

Legal action?

No. There's only one way to resolve this properly.

Get all the main protagonists from Oracle, SAP and HP stripped to the waist in a mud pit and give 'em each a handbag. Last man standing wins.

4. Pascal Monett Silver badge

Playground shenanigans

Call me when this whole story has left kindergarden.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Circus

No circus without a clown, and Ellison seems to fit the bill well as clown

6. HP Cynic

Tantrum

Ellison's tantrum really is dragging on and on - is he not getting the attention he craves?

Hopefully he will soon move from stamping his feet to holding his breath until he passes out. At least it will shut him up for a bit.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I say it's time for the Thunderdome!

Two CEOs enter, one leaves.

Then we string him up for murder.

8. Wile E. Veteran
    Paris Hilton

Dinosaur battle

This is the kid of thing my boss used to refer to as a "dinosaur battle." The behemoths roar and slash and bite and claw.Meanwhile, the furry little mammals scurry about trying not to get stepped on. In the end, it doesn't matter which dinosaur "wins" or even if there was a winner since an asteroid is going to come along and make them extinct anyway. Then the furry little mammals take their turn to rule the world.

Paris in honor of the successful flight of her namesake, PARIS

9. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

I think Ellison has got something here.

Let's see - HP has put their hands up for a some dodgy dealings, it is also under inverstigation for some other dodgy dealings, they had a CEO who is/was a dodgy character (screwing a minion and fiddling his expenses). The said CEO was also around in HP when the "pre-texting" scandle was in the news. So hiring a new CEO who is suspected of stealing "stuff" from Oracle when he was CEO of SAP seems to me that he is a pretty good fit :-)

That's what I like to see - consistancy.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like