back to article Currys punts cut-price 3D TV pack for Xmas

Do you want a 3D TV but find yourself put off by the price? Dixons-owned chain Currys has announced a 50in set fo a penny less than a grand. The set in question is the Samsung plasma PS50C680 and comes with a 3D-capable Blu-ray Disc player and two pairs of 3D glasses. Samsung PS50C680 Currys waved aside claims that there's …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Sergiu Panaite
    Thumb Up

Also..

Monster House 3D has been out for a couple of days now.

2. Sir Runcible Spoon

Sir

Not wishing to be picky or anything, but how good is the picture quality compared to the other tellies in it's bracket?

3. The Fuzzy Wotnot
    Happy

They would!

"Currys waved aside claims that there's just nothing to watch on 3D tellies", well they would, they have bloody huge container coming from Korea with shed load of the things that need shifting, so they need to punt them out to beat both their online and high-street rivals!

4. Michael McGoldrick

toy story 3 3d blu-ray?

you cant get toy story on 3d blu-ray... unless you know something the rest of the world doesnt?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

3D TV is..

.. very much at the early adopter stage. It will improve and get cheaper leaps and bounds over the next 18 months making people who cough up tons for crappy tech feeling a bit grim. Still, someone has to start the ball rolling I guess.

6. Annihilator
    Coat

Now available

Funny, last I checked, Toy Story 3 isn't out until 22nd November, but hey-ho. I'll continue to watch my DVD's in beautiful HD. I hope they will upscale my VHS tapes to 3D as well?

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It's nice of you....

to advertise this fact but how about pushing them for something to review?

8. firefly
    Heart

I love Currys

They give me the opportunity to touch, feel and try out goods before I order them online for 30% less.

9. mafoo

Glasses

It uses active shutter glasses if anyone is wondering.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Currys punts...

nearly the correct phrase.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

crosseyed by new year

Telly...check

glasses...check

handfull of 3d films...check

Hmm what to do on boxing day? Maybe pass the glasses to the next member of the family so they can have a go while you hit the paracetamol.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

You should try...

... shouting the title of this article at the person nearest to you.

13. Adam T

50" isn't enough...

The price is right, but the problem with the 50" is that it's just a little bit too small. I saw the one in Currys and thought it was "ok", then saw the Samsung 63" plasma in PC World and the difference is like chalk and cheese... I wouldn't part with cash for the 50", but the 63" really did work, and I've sat around slagging 3D off all year.

Mine arrives tomorrow anyway (£2k on amazon). :)

14. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Adam T

Of course if you had gone for the Series 8, ok, I know it's LCD not Plasma, you could have got 65" and had Skype enabled also, and that would be something to brag about. And if you're wondering what difference 2" would make, ask your girlfriend.

1. Adam T
      Happy

@AC

Looking at it now, I don't give a monkeys what my (wife) says. For once :)

15. A 31
    Coat

re:50" isn't enough...

Saving tip:

spare a grand by moving your sofa 23 inches forward.

16. g4dge
    Thumb Up

I've bought one...

Very pleased with this setup, worth mentioning that this isn't the telly pictured in the article, and that they come with the more attractive chrome four-legged stand.

I've yet to be able to confirm if it actually has got a Freeview HD tuner yet (did have the blurb in the box), as I am currently pointing at a non upgraded mast.

Comes with absolutely no 3D content whatsoever, but will playback mkv files downloaded off the net. The pseudo 3D emulation is pretty impressive.

Also a lot cheaper than the offering from BestBuy: http://www.bestbuy.co.uk/page/custom.aspx?PageName=Best%20Buy%20in-store%20deals

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like