back to article Lovefilm to stream to PS3

UK video rental service Lovefilm will soon be streaming some of its selection of content to PlayStation 3 owners. Neither Sony nor Lovefilm have said as much, but a video posted on the PS3 YouTube channel - but now removed - clearly showed that the service will be coming to the console sometime this autumn. Top marks to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Looks pretty good to me.

I saw the video before it got pulled (infact it's in my browsers cache, so I have it here).

The service launches next month. It's free to existing Lovefilm subscribers at no additional cost and includes "most" of their catalogue, and all new releases.

You can manage your postage disk list on it too.

It looks excellent.... and certainly has swung me into subscribing (I liked the trial but it wasn't quite right, this makes it totally worthwhile. Time to cancel Sky.... Murdoch can go screw himself).

What with this, ITVPlayer and 4OD all coming to PS3 soon, free of charge, to ALL PS3 owners, and BBC iPlayer recently showing HD content to PS3 (something nobody seems to have bothered reporting), it's all good.... The "It Does Everything" box now does even more...

2. Mike Downie
    Thumb Up

Interesting

I've been subscribed to LoveFilm for a while, mostly to get games, rather than films. I had been contemplating Apple TV for my streaming needs, but if LoveFilm is coming to the PS3, then boy howdy, saves me £99.

3. Moose56

Panasonic?

Since when have Panasonic offered LoveFilm through Viera Cast? Only Sony and Samsung are mentioned on LoveFilm's website and there is nothing showing up on my Panasonic TV?

1. Tony Smith, Editor, Reg Hardware (Written by Reg staff)

Re: Panasonic?

Slip on our part, now amended.

1. RobH

Re: Panasonic?

Nah, there have been rumours about the service on Panasonic TVs, you weren't making it up. But I've been trying to a while to track down any details. Panasonic's website is one of those idiot flash pages that shows loads of images of the kit but is thin on tech info.

Contacting Lovefilm is a waste of time - they just send out a dumb canned email.

But excitement over PS3 support - that is ok if you like watching tv on a fan heater!

1. Anonymous Coward
          FAIL

Fan Heater?

My PS3 uses a mere 70w and does not kick out much heat at all.

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet in 2006.

4. Richard 116
    Alert

What about Playstation Network?

Surely if Sony allow Lovefilm onto the PS3 this will kill off their own movie offerings?

I haven't seen the video or know too much about the source but I'm a little sceptical.

More info anyone?

1. ferbctg

My opinion

I think it's very absurd for Sony if they do that for PS3. They will lose their control of Movie section. It's surely a rumours.

5. @mediadventurer
    Happy

Download via the PC service...?

http://www.reghardware.com/Design/graphics/icons/comment/happy_32.png Just wanted to know where you find the LOVEFiLM download service on their website. I have been a subscriber for a while, and have not found a download option...is this correct?

Also, I can confirm that LOVEFiLM is not on any Panasonic devices, but is on Sony and Samsung TV devices.

As for the rumours that they are launching on the PS3, this would be fantastic if its true and something that would really open up the choice I have for my entertainment....come on Sony....come on LOVEFiLM - please confirm or deny !!?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like