back to article Ex-General Electric boss unleashes bile on HP board

Oracle's Larry Ellison isn’t the only CEO mouthing off at Hewlett-Packard’s decision to hire Leo Apotheker as the company’s replacement for disgraced former boss Mark Hurd. Now Jack Welch, the ex-chief of General Electric, is sticking the boot in, too. According to the Wall Street Journal, Welch said in New York yesterday at …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Edwin
    WTF?

sour grapes?

seems unlikely, but hey...

2. Anonymous Bosch

Welch bitches

I wonder how many shares of HPQ he had.

3. Peter 39

Welch's cred

Seriously Jack, where's your own credibiity?

Turning GE into a bank so it can crash and burn along with Wall St? Gee, thanks. Setting up the uber-sweet retirement deals that finally came to light during the messy trial? Fine for you but left thousands of GE employees and retirees in the lurch. Thanks again.

Forgetting to renew the prenup before it expired? Priceless!

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Poo-Poohed

Never ignore a pooh-pooh. I knew a Major, who got pooh-poohed, made the mistake of ignoring the pooh-pooh. He pooh-poohed it! Fatal error! 'Cos it turned out all along that the soldier who pooh-poohed him had been pooh-poohing a lot of other officers who pooh-poohed their pooh-poohs. In the end, we had to disband the regiment. Morale totally destroyed... by pooh-pooh!

General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett

1. John Smith 19 Gold badge
      Happy

AC@15:08

Huzar.

5. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
    Pint

I forsee people in tailor-made suits...

...throwing glasses of expensive Ouisky into each other's faces at the next club meeting.

6. Adam White

Regardless of who said it

HP does seem to have a history of ousting CEOs on a whim and then scrambling to find a replacement. When was the last time a Chief left on good terms?

7. Matt Bryant Silver badge
    Happy

Spectacular fail?

I think Mr Welch has to stand up and admit he was wrong about the whole hp-Compaq thing, especially as the company hp is now is a bigger entity than the sum of the parts of hp and Compaq as they were pre-merger. The merger only lifted hpQ up to being the fourth largest IT company, it took ground from competitors to get to number one. I'm assuming Mr Welch is just miffed he missed out on the CEO shortlist after Lew Platt, again after Fiorina, and was again ignored when Apathetic-ker got the job.

This topic is closed for new posts.