back to article WTF worm makes Twitterers declare goat lust

Another malicious worm hit Twitter over the weekend, days after the micro-blogging site reached near-meltdown from a technically similar attack. This time around the danger came from clicking links contained in micro-blogging messages beginning "WTF [URL]". Last week's more serious onMouseOver problem struck when users moved …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. TeeCee Gold badge
    Happy

Dunno who did that.

But putting together a scam that makes the Tw@ts out themselves en masse as goat-shaggers is worth immunity from prosecution all on its own.

Actually I reckon it's worth a sainthood, but that's just me.

2. Greem

And there was I...

...assuming someone had resurrected goatse. But no, this is far less shocking. What a disappointment.

3. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Ahaha

An XSS vuln one week, a CSRF the next? Anyone tried tweeting '; DROP TABLE tweets; -- to see if they've left an injection hole too? Might as well complete the trinity of obvious security holes.

4. Velv
    Badgers

Like the Link....

You post an article about how Twitter has a widespread security flaw activated by clicking, then you post a link to Twitter.

Now call me cynical, but do you really think its a good idea to click *any* link to Twitter

1. Thecowking

Honestly, no

Even if Twitter were the safest site in the world I'd still regard clicking on links to it as highly suspect.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Twitter-ific

Serious concerns on security aside, I did have a snigger, knowing that a number of twitterers are now declaring goat lust.

Go on...there's a wee part of you that's thinks it's a wee bit funny, you have to admit.

6. LinkOfHyrule
    Joke

Hey, are you absolutely certain...

Hey, are you absolutely certain Robert Scoble was affected by this?

*snigger*

7. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

Well then

Now we know what all that staring at goats was about then.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Now people think I'm infected...

But I do like goats... It's the beard...

9. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

I love anal sex with goats

oops - who said that?

1. Anomalous Cowturd
      Joke

Giving?

Or taking?

Baaaaahhh.

10. James Woods

so how's that twitter account workin out for ya

I got rid of mine after one of the many hacks twitter has been hit with. I honestly can't see the point in twitter other than for a PR arm.

If you got people waiting around to see what your going to tweet more power to ya.

Just stay away from my goats.

11. vagabonde

goat lust?

But what is it about Twitter that compels so many of us who choose not to partake in it (including myself) to so enjoy blogging about its failures?

Could it be because we fear it, at least in its current form? And why else seek to hurt it — even destroy it – by creating (or promoting) its infestation by an internet worm?

http://scallywagandvagabond.com/2010/09/twitter-worm-makes-high-profile-users-declare-goat-lust/

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I was just

I was just helping it through the fence, officer.

Honest.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like