back to article AMD chops Q3 sales forecast

Whatever Intel does, Advanced Micro Devices has to do it too. And vice versa. The chip designer and seller (but not maker) warned Wall Street after the markets closed today that its third quarter isn't looking so hot. AMD said that sales in the third quarter ending September 25 would be down between 1 and 4 per cent compared …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Henry Wertz 1 Gold badge

Netbooks?

I would figure the big problem is how hard it is to find a netbook or low-end notebook with Ubuntu or the like on it, and how poorly Windows runs on these low end machines. I would NEVER buy one of these low-end Windows machines! Also, does AMD have anything good for these machines? The Atom is so low-powered (and despite all the people running WINDOWS on it and claiming it's too slow, it's not slow if you run an Atom Linux distro like Ubuntu netbook edition), unless I've missed sometihng AMD has nothing close to that low power -- a few of their new chips are supposed to be close but those are just coming out.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Happy

Windows and Atom

Windows 7 and the Intel Atom isn't slow at all. My HP Mini-210 with Windows 7 Starter runs as fast as my dual core Samsung laptop with 4GB of RAM. That is after I installed all the HP crapware that came on it..

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like