back to article German gov gives Google Street View privacy deadline

German officials have given Google until December 7 to set acceptable privacy standards for its Street View service. Other tech firms including Apple have also been asked to collaborate on a voluntary privacy charter for geographical services, under threat of legislation. Interior minister Thomas de Maiziere summoned industry …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. petur
    Dead Vulture

Complete information please

Thomas de Maiziere also said that people should stop the paranoid panic, with people sharing lots of private stuff on facebook and others, but refusing a picture of their front door....

So he's already suggesting himself that the current privacy standards they are after are a bit over the top.

2. Matt 21

Opt-in

This should be opt in only. I really don't like this modern idea of "we're doing something and if you don't like ti you cna always use our system to opt out".

1. multipharious

Too true.

I feel very strongly that opt-in, as is common here in Germany, ought to be extended back to my home country across the Atlantic. The way it is completely out of control in the States is the equivalent of a de facto signature on a contract you have never seen.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Sorry google!

But "Ordnung ist Ordnung"

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like