back to article Swedish far-right party defaced on eve of general election

The website of a Swedish far-right party was hacked on Saturday, the day before national elections which resulted in its first ever electoral success. Instead of the usual political content, visitors to the homepage of the Sweden Democrats were treated to a picture of a birthday cake with a rendition of Ellen McLain's Still …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. John Hawkins
    Headmaster

SD = BNP

The Sweden Democrats are not so much far right as your common-or-garden populist party and get their voters from young unemployed poorly educated males and a few old age pensioners.

I guess it is part of Sweden becoming more European; now we've got a populist party with a murky ideology in our parliament, just like most of the rest of Europe. The Westminster system, while perhaps a little unfair, does keep the likes of the BNP at bay.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

And

that's supposed to be a good thing?

Proportional representation is the way forward.

2. DavCrav

I was thinking about this...

"The Westminster system, while perhaps a little unfair, does keep the likes of the BNP at bay."

Isn't it a bit...interesting...to give as a feature, rather than a bug, of the Westminster system that opinions that some of the people hold that other people don't like are unrepresented in parliament? I mean, if racists make up (say) 1% of the country, why shouldn't 1% of the MPs be racist? Unless we are saying that democracy is nice as long as it gets an answer we like. (See the ranting of various Labour people when the Con-Lib coalition took place. "Why doesn't my vote count?" shouted short-memoried fools, despite the fact that the Tories in 2010 got more votes than Labour did in the previous election... I'm not pro-Tory, but I am anti-hypocrisy.)

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Surprised

No mention of the link with The Pirate Bay.

1. TomasF

Even more surprised

What link?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

the cake is a lie!

see title

1. Erroneous Howard

Re:the cake is a lie!

The cake is not a lie. Now please remain where you are while someone comes to transport you to your party. If you leave then you will miss your party and not get any cake.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I hope their web hosts said

Go ahead and leave me

I think I prefer to stay inside.

Maybe you'll find someone else

to help you...

5. revdjenk
    Paris Hilton

Qu'ils mangent de la brioche

something said in/by Paris?

This topic is closed for new posts.