back to article Microsoft hangs head, makes apology for US cloud bust

Microsoft admitted yesterday what has been pretty clear to many of its US customers for the past few weeks – it has recently failed to match its promise of reliably providing some of its business services via the cloud. “We aspire to deliver quality services, and in the last couple of weeks, we have fallen short of this …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Psymon

At least they appologised

I seem to remember Google had some similar problems early on with their cloud services.

Their response was more along the lines of "Meh. Something happened. We fixed it."

Not exactly a comforting response when your business is utterly dependant on said service.

1. Rex Alfie Lee
      FAIL

Google's bad...

Microsoft have a history of this rubbish. What the hell are you talking about?

2. Iggle Piggle

Hold on a moment

"I can assure you that we are investing the time and resources required to ensure we are living up to your – and our own – expectations for a quality service experience every day.”

Isn't this the same sort of promise that has been made time and time again by cloud service providers. I am sure they really do want to have a near 100% reliable service that does not leak valuable data like a sieve. But it seems to me that putting all your eggs in one basket is still not quite as reliable as one would hope.

3. Chris Green
    WTF?

Wrong Software for Resilience?

To have failures like these, surely they must be using something other than Windows software then?

Wish I knew what it was. I could avoid it then.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I wonder if MS uses BPOS to power their own in-house systems

if they ran their email and other core business functions on BPOS then I imagine these problems would get fixed pretty quickly...

5. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Horns

The Cloud? The Cloud.....

I think this cloud crap is just fine, till it goes off line.

Last time some genius ran a back hoe through an optical fiber cable in Australia, half the country was out for a couple of weeks.

The only cloud I trust is the one around Uranus.

6. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Cloud and VMware world

I recall how a Microsoft representative pointed Vmware for not having this and that for "the cloud...". I guess Microsoft lives in a "cloud" and not in "the cloud" in respect of their promises of tech delivery...

7. EvanUnrue
    FAIL

Weak

I find this highly amusing and couldn't be better timed after there recent slating of vmware cloud products upon the opening of vmworld. back in ya box !

8. Flybert
    Big Brother

party like it's 2001

change a few words by a few different people, and it's like when people moved from NT4 to Wln2000 servers

You can not count on the reliability of any new Windows product, stop trying

Google has MS so beat .. the Gcloud watches all

9. Anonymous Coward
    Troll

alternative

If you want to avoid the lock-in to a particular cloud provider try DeltaCloud. Then in case *when* your provider of choice screws up, you can just switch to another one temporary or permanently.

10. Rex Alfie Lee
    FAIL

Microsoft Fraud

They said they could & everyone else said they couldn't & guess what everyone else were right & Microsoft software sucks again. Isn't it about time they guaranteed their software & paid up when they screw up & aren't their software claims fraudulent.

This topic is closed for new posts.