back to article A quarter of Americans using mobile apps

The Pew Internet & American Live Project has been examining mobile apps, revealing the shocking news that rich people buy more applications, while the elderly poor buy fewer. To be fair to Pew, which interviewed almost two thousand Americans for the study, the report does have some insight into how and when Americans download …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. JaitcH
    WTF?

Some Apps lose their novelty

Just how many times can you use an App that emulates flatulence or female mammary gland movement?

2. Daniel Owen

Mean and Average?

The average number of applications downloaded (18) is skewed by a small number of people downloading huge numbers of apps (the mean is 10)

Average is 18, but the mean average is 10? Most people use mean and average interchangeably.

1. TeeCee Gold badge
      Happy

Re: Mean and Average?

"Most people use mean and average interchangeably."

So most people are clueless idiots. This is something else we already knew.

3. John Tserkezis

What I'd *really* like to see...

Is a study of downloaders' IQ verses class of app they buy.

Can I guess the obvious, that farting apps would attract IQs that are comparable with their age?

4. BristolBachelor Gold badge
    Badgers

What is a mobile app?

I'm a little confused. What is a mobile app?

I have a mobile computer. There is a program on it that I can run and it lets me talk to someone who is in a different place. This then is a mobile app, yes? Another program on it stores addresses and telephone numbers of people. This is also a mobile app, yes? Yet another program shows me a calendar and lets me write appointments on it, and another program lets me write small notes.

Is it possible to have a mobile telephone that doesn't have mobile apps? Mobile apps sounds like badger paws to me.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like