back to article Boeing inks second space tourism deal

Boeing has announced it's inked a deal with Space Adventures to provide its Crew Space Transportation-100 (CST-100) capsule for low Earth orbit jaunts for those with deep pockets and lofty travel ambitions. The CST-100. Graphic: NASA The aerospace giant unveiled the CST-100 at Farnborough back in July, when it trumpeted a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Is it me?

Mmmmm

One can see your average airline first class passenger queuing up for a seat that looks to have less space than coach. Where's the steward and trolley go.

Sorry but the seat configuration gives me claustrophobia just looking at it, and I'm not.

Why not refurbish a couple of the shuttles, fill the bay with seats, and then open the bay doors for a great, if terminal view, that rids the world of a few pointless billionaires every trip.

2. Roger Greenwood

Passenger size?

That picture looks like 6 x adults, 1 x child. Typical people carrier.

3. Neil Barnes Silver badge
    Badgers

Can I have a window seat, please?

Better yet, can I drive?

4. Parax

this is a title

So circular capsule, vertical launch and vertical descent. so why is everyone sitting in the same (faux top to bottom) direction? Always wondered why they dont sit everyone in a circle, it would free up so much space in the capsule,

1. James Hughes 1

Except it doesn't

And the space left is an old triangular shape.

5. Adrian Esdaile

I have a nice bridge for sale...

cast iron and steel plate arch bridge, located in sunny Sydney Australia. I've had it for a while now, but I'm downsizing, and offering it for a bargain.

$25,000,000 in small, unmarked notes and it's yours.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

>> make the resources of space available to the commercial sector by bringing the value from space

I wonder if Boeing can elaborate on what these resources are & how manned spaceflight will be enriching the commercial sector beyond Boeing & chums? Beyond space tourism where's the money? a little materials research gets done on the ISS but are firms actually queuing up to pay for it?

Of course for Boeing the resource is plain: the gravy train of govt contracts begins a new lap

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like