back to article Chinese cybercrooks offer DDoS-for-hire

Security researchers have unpicked the business plan behind a botnet that serves as the backend for a DDoS-for-hire business. The IM DDoS service, hosted in China, offers the lease of a botnet for anyone keen to flood a targeted website via a handy-to-use web-based interface. Following the registration of domains in March 2010 …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Tigra 07
    Joke

There are 9 million bicycles in Beijing apparently

No wonder they made such a big botnet in China.

Just sending an email out to xxxxx Chin could reach about a billion people with that name, all of whom will open the email and get added to the botnet.

1. Anonymous Coward
      WTF?

the chinese government loosened the rules

regarding surnames etc a few years ago.

if you're going to make a racist comment, make it accurate at least please.

1. Sarah Bee (Written by Reg staff)

Re: the chinese government loosened the rules

I don't think that was racist, just misinformed. But hey, if you really want to get upset and start an argument, feel free to do it here where I have to mop up after you!

Except that it's just gone five and I'm off. My apologies to my US counterparts who will be taking over.

(Be nice. Ta.)

2. Tigra 07
        FAIL

RE: AC

They loosened the rule last year, there's still only just over 100 surnames to choose from.

And they changed the rule in the first place because so many people were having similar names

3. Tigra 07
        FAIL

RE: AC

You did open your eyes and actually see the big picture with the word joke on it right?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like