back to article Symantec HackIsWack site still open to rickrolling

Symantec's hapless HackIsWack cybercrime rap competition site can still be rickrolled, despite assurances to the contrary from the security giant. A web application filter was deployed to block an earlier cross-site scripting attack, but this filter is configured to allow a YouTube video featuring rapper Snoop Dogg, who has …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Loyal Commenter Silver badge
    Happy

Thanks for that link

That cheered me up no end.

Surely Symantec making a balls-up of this sort of magnitude is akin to, for instance, Securicor having someone film one of their drivers for a promotional documentary, and then finding that the driver leaves the keys in the ignition, with the engine running while he goes off to get lunch for an hour?

This certainly isn't going to make me want to buy Notrun, not that I ever would have anyway...

2. Lottie

Oh man,

Hack IS wack, but Rick is sikk!!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Pint

Oh dear

I dislike the comedy Friends, but whenever I see or hear someone using the word "wack" or "whack" to describe something, I immediatley see Matt Le Blanc's rather pathetic 30 year-old character dressed as teenager, desperately trying to "git dan wiv da yoof" by espousing the term "wack".

4. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

They havent had the email yet..

Still waiting for their desktops to boot and stay up long enough with their own bloatware on there.

Anon, well I dont want the nasty letters...

5. Dave Murray
    Grenade

A laptop with Norton installed?

That's a prize?!?!

A better prize would be a tool that easily and completely removes all Norton crap from your PC.

1. J. Cook Silver badge
      Boffin

re: Dave Murray

"A better prize would be a tool that easily and completely removes all Norton crap from your PC."

There is- Google NoNav, and enjoy.

2. Goat Jam
      Coat

Get thee to

ubuntu.org for a free Norton Product removal tool. *

* Works for MacCrappy too!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like