back to article World of Warcraft asks Europeans to please speaka da English

The lights have gone out and no-one is at home at World of Warcraft's European customer support site. In a message posted to a WoW support forum, a "technical issue and subsequent loss of electricity" is blamed for the outage. An earlier forum post, now vanished into the ether, mentioned a "water hazard", a Reg reader tells …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Americans?

So, how will the Americans (yes, I know they are not in europe, at least not physically) manage?

2. Paul Synnott
    Thumb Up

Greeks

I play on the Genjuros European server, and this "Please speak in English" request should be enforced all the time. It does say in the realm selection screen to speak the language assigned to the server (English, French, German, Spanish). Genjuros is assigned to the English group of servers, yet it is overrun by Greeks who tell you to "stfu noob" when you complain when they are spamming the chat channels in Greek. Plus, we all know they're all a bunch of ninjas anyway.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Ah yeah but.....

Why not just complain to the Goldsellers who are forever on the Stormwind Auction House steps floggin their wares, or maybe warez.

I'm on Lightbringer and we tend to have Dutch and Scandewegians in the chat channels giving it their all.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Boffin

omg

Paul Synnott - I feel your pain!

Now by my Fel Armorments and Arcane Tomes!

- Veni

5. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

english

Your talking to Americans now speak Spanish.

6. evilbobthebob
    Thumb Up

Water hazard?

In other words, the customer support guys went for a round of golf...possibly a virtual one.

7. hidden67
    Coat

Wow

Please, no more elves :( Their blue blood is driving me nuts. I played wow for a month and gave up. Instead, there are many other MMORGS that allow clients to use any language they so desire. One is called neocron.com, which makes Wow look a tad tame. Different languages are, amoung other things, the spice of life.

8. Luke May
    Flame

Delays? Who wow'd have thought!

Because Blizzard never spend over 2-3 days sorting out billing and in-game issues anyway.

They have always had delays since open beta. I reluctantly log into wow every now and again but I have to say the game is getting rather stagnant and boring as of late.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Russians

Our English server is invaded by Russians.

Its funny how the speech bubble above the player is empty while trade chat (I would have said General but Trade is more like global chat) have the Russian alphabet visible.

This topic is closed for new posts.