back to article East Midland Trains passengers get Wi-Fi

East Midlands Trains has rolled out wireless internet access to its rolling stock. Six of its 27 Meridian trains currently contain Wi-Fi hotspots, and EMT pledged that all the rest will get wireless internet "in the coming months", as will the operator's 11 Mk III High-Speed Trains. East Midlands Trains Meridian locos All …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. EddieElche
    Thumb Up

How Much!!!!

On a trip up to Edinburgh to see the Fringe one of the Scottish trains offered free WiFi!!!

Man that's expensive, nice to see though that 1st class passengers who could afford to pay it will get it free! Cattle class gets shafted again.

2. Dave Robinson
    Thumb Down

Lead-lined underpants, anyone?

That's great. Not only do I get irradiated by 40 mobile phones whilst stuck in a metal box, but a whole load of wi-fi too.

According to Japanese "boffins", we should be very afraid.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/1961484.stm

Why can't people just look out of the window at the magnificent British countryside, or read the Sun, that's what I want to know.

3. Stuart 22
    FAIL

Free is the right price

I have used the free wifi on East Coast. The drop outs were very bad all the way down from Edinbugh to London. OK for free I would have been very miffed if I had paid. A great way to upset your customers.

£4 - are they serious? Using my own 3G I can get as good a service for between 30p and £1/day on the standard networks. That's all day, not just on the train. What game are they playing?

4. EddieElche
    Unhappy

Captive audiences get hammered

Health issues aside (I'm not going to live forever so give me access to my emails while I am here) this points to a growing trend of offering free WiFi to punters you want to draw in (pubs, coffee houses, burger bars etc.) but stick it to the customer when they are a captive audience (trains, planes, airport pubs(that offer free WiFi on the other side of the customs barrier)).

Four pounds for checking your emails! Bastards.

5. Tony Rogers
    Unhappy

At What Price ?

A huge breakfast at JD Wetherspoons will allow you to read the papers drink coffee and use the

FREE Wi-Fi till your fingers bleed !

Cost..under £4 all in,

Not that hungry ? A cup of tea or coffee will suffice for using the Wi-Fi.

The rail offer is so overpriced it beggars belief.

Use rail...only if all else fails !

6. jeffrey 1

mmm

Sounds good to me, I only go to London at the weekends, and first class tickets are often cheaper than standard class tickets if you buy them a week or more in advance form EMT's website. Mind you, I get no 3g reception (on my phone) anywhere on the route, so I wonder if the free wifi will be much better.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like