back to article Gang get prison, face deportation for mobe thefts

Five men and a woman have been sentenced to prison terms for their roles in a series of burglaries of mobile phone shops. The gang were all arrested during raids on east London addresses on 28 April by the Met's National Mobile Phone Unit, assisted by other officers. The gang was linked to more than 30 burglaries at mobile …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. This post has been deleted by its author

1. Anonymous Coward
      Thumb Down

Re: These are all Romanians!

OK, who let the Daily Mail reader on here. Come on, own up.

2. JimC
      WTF?

Great isn't it...

Even the Eastern European crooks work harder than UK born ones...

3. Bassey
      Thumb Down

That's right

Whereas the British are well known for their immaculate behaviour, excellent manners and ability to blend in like locals when travelling abroad.

Racist prick!

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Shirley Bassey? Is that really you?

Lots of left-wing faggotry from Shirley, there. Clearly cares not to read the news - what's going on in France at the moment with the deportations, in Spain if he cares to look and also Milan where there is a particular problem with Roma pick-pockets at the station. Not to mention London.

Also noted for not comparing like with like. Robbing mobile phone shops for 250k in 4 months is not the same as eating Egg and Chips on the Costa Brava or getting drunk in Prague.

Recommend that they all come and stay round your house Shirley.

Asshole.

4. This post has been deleted by its author

5. Geoff Campbell Silver badge
      Thumb Down

Oh FFS!

So, the members of one criminal gang all come from the same country. From this, the retard extrapolates that all of their fellow Romanians are thieves.

Good call. Now can we lock up all Englishmen because Ronnie Biggs is English? We can't? Damn.

GJC

2. M7S

I bet they're set free before I am from my contract

Somehow the opportunity for a more appropriate sentence (theirs, not mine) has been missed.

1. TeeCee Gold badge
      Happy

@M7S

Something like: "You are hereby sentenced to serve a minimum term of two years. At the end of the sentence another year will be added on automatically, unless you apply for release in writing to the Home Secretary at least two months prior to the end of sentence. Such automatic renewal terms to be enforced as each end of sentence date approaches. At the end of the first two years and at the end of each of every subsequent year added on in which you do not apply to be released, we will give you a new bucket to shit in if you ask for it."

Is that what you're after?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Mild sentences

They'll be back since crime does pay.

4. Hedley Phillips
    Joke

They come over here....

stealing our mobiles

5. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    FAIL

"Recommended they be deported"

Provided they get the offender management system working well enough to tell whoever needs to know that they have to come round to run them down to the airport.

6. LPF

@Bassey

Spot the whiney liberal idiot... ffs .. we have enough of our own home grown scum withotu importing more! but god forbid anyone getting angry!

7. Big-nosed Pengie

Send 'em back

to Rome.

8. David Neil
    WTF?

How does that work then?

If they are EU citizens, once we ship em back they can jump on a bus and head back again surely - at the border they show a Romanian Passport to the bored guy in the cap and they wander in again.

9. call me scruffy
    WTF?

Deported?

Does the word actually mean anything within the EU?

10. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Disgusting

British crimes for British criminals?

11. Bram
    Alert

what can you do?

they are trying to boost romanias economy by allowing them into the EU. The part they missed was that without them having anything to trade in or any skills to sell all they are going to do is take the piss.

I am quite a liberal guy but I'm not an idiot the standards should have been higher before they were allowed full membership into the EU, I'm still surprised Greece made it in!

Please no Jingoism on The Reg lets keep it focused

12. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Happy

@Bram

"they are trying to boost romanias economy by allowing them into the EU. The part they missed was that without them having anything to trade in or any skills to sell all they are going to do is take the piss."

You forget. They have experience of working for *very* low wages and are inside the EU.

I think I've found the site for for the next Dell / HP factory, once they close Poland for being too expensive.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like