back to article Firefox 3.6.9 release candidate rocks up for sturdy testers

Mozilla pumped out a release candidate version of Firefox 3.6.9 yesterday. The pre-beta update is intended only for brave souls willing and able to have a poke around in the unfinished code. “Please hammer on these builds mercilessly to make sure that things work well! If you notice things that worked in previous Firefox 3.6. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Nightly builds

firefox 4 dev builds also available nightly known as minefield for the hardcore only.

1. Fatman
      Grenade

Nightly builds

Yes, it can be very interesting to play with the nightlies. I just downloaded today's (Aug 27) nightly, and have yet to install it.

Grenade, because playing with nightlies CAN be dangerous!

2. This post has been deleted by its author

1. Anonymous Coward
      Troll

No, I didn't want to know.

Now go back to your cave.

3. twunt

Surely

The RELEASE CANDIDATE comes after the Beta?

4. Merchman
    Coat

STOP!

(See sub heading)

Mines the one with matching parachute pants

5. Shades

"Firefox 3.5.12 is ready to test drive"

Eh? My current version is 3.6.8

1. Kevin (Just Kevin)
      Thumb Down

3.6?

Mine is 4.0b4. How many different FF streams are there? And how big a deal can 3.6.9 RC be compared to 4.0b4? And how can an RC be for "sturdy testers". Surely it's for anybody who is a little curious. It's an RC. It should be 99% right. Or more.

6. Deadly_NZ
    Thumb Up

FF versions

I run 3.6.9 on 2 machines and 4.04b on another machine and the only reason I have not upgraded all to the 4.04 is that the addons are a little far behind:-( Apart from that it's great....

1. Cameron Colley

Try Add-on conpatibility reporter?

Apart from a couple of nightly builds a few weeks ago breaking with NoScript and AddBlock I have 4.04b working fine with my add-ons.

I wouldn't mind, but I only started using it so I could get a 64bit version of FF running under Debian...

7. Cyfaill
    Linux

64 bit Debian - Derivative sidux

Runs FF 3.5.11 normally this week, also runs 4.04b just fine as well.

Sometimes I try something that was just released separately installed, but considering the entire OS is experimental with network builds every other day its not saying much... but they all work great.

This is a 64 bit rolling release system, it is always in upgrade mode.

This topic is closed for new posts.