back to article Dell bids high for 3PAR, gets a 'yes'

3PAR has said 'yes' to Dell after the PC firm raised its bid for the storage vendor to $24.30/share beating HP's rival bid by just 30 cents. Dell first bid $18/share and this was accepted by 3PAR on 16 August. HP then re-entered the fray with a $24/share bid, having previously negotiated but dropped out some two weeks before …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Paul Harrap
    FAIL

Maths error?

Your article appears to be mathematically challenged. It claims that an offer of $23.4 per share is 30 cents better than HP's offer of $24 per share.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Boffin

Maths Problems?

How isDell's $23.40 a share 30 cents higher than HP's offer, when HP bid $24 a share? Surely HP's offer is 60 cents greater than the new Dell offer?

Or am I missing something?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Pint

Can't say I blame them

If I were in their shows I wouldn't want to work for us (HP) either :/

/yes, beer because it's Willer Time!

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Re:Math

They were writing it in European date style, where all the numbers are jumbled together to confuse the silly Americans.

5. Levente Szileszky

Relax, people, it's a TYPO...

...and since you're obviously unable to figure it out on your own here's the solution: meant $24.30, dorks.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

re:typo

Oh, did I type "cut the green wire"? I obviously meant "cut the red wire". It's just a typo. Relax.

In an article where the numbers are the entire point getting the numbers wrong is a problem.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Linux

Pulling for you Dell.

Come'on Dell the true IT Pro's are pulling for you. We need someone pulling for open systems management standards. These lock in stacks are killing us. Mgt types will think this will actually help........they don't study the past.....

7. Anonymous Coward
    Boffin

Shareholders are short sighted

Since the majority shareholders are a select few people, I would remind these few people the best deal is not always the best price. Buying HP equipment is a far different experience than getting support for HP equipment. Being purchased by HP as a company will be a far more pleasant experience than operating as a component of HP. Ask the former EDS employees; I have.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like