back to article Toshiba no-glasses 3D TV out by Xmas?

Toshiba's keeping mum, but Japanese daily paper the Yomiuri Shimbun has claimed the manufacturer is about to launch a 3D TV that doesn't require viewers wear special glasses. There's nothing new here - various vendors, LG and Philips to name but two, have shown off specs-free 3D screens at trade shows for some years now - but …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. DEAD4EVER
    FAIL

toshiba 3d tvs

sorry but im not into 3d tellies nothing wrong with 2d and blu ray i mean when i went to my local store and saw transformers on blu ray it was amazing quality.. 3d specs are a ripoff just like the tvs are

2. Jim Coleman
    Flame

3D??

This isn't 3D, it's a technology that gives a slight impression of depth, a bit like looking at a bas-relief wall-frieze. True 3D puts the action outside the screen, projected into your living room a la Princess Leia's message to Obi Wan, projected out of R2D2's left nostril.

True 3D is a long way away. In the meantime, tech companies are pedalling to consumers something which is about as 3D as a pop-up book.

I've seen plenty of 3D movies in cinemas and am now sufficiently underwhelmed that I no longer specifically look for the 3D showing of new movies. I certainly won't be getting one of these new "slight bit of forced perspective" TVs.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like