back to article Nokia gets into analytics

Nokia is to buy analytics service Motally, providing the technology to measure precisely how few people are using Nokia phones these days. Motally isn't a large company - eight people based in San Francisco - but its technology is designed to be embedded in mobile applications to collect demographic and usage data, which Nokia …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. DaveFish83
    FAIL

What are you talking about?

"Nokia is to buy analytics service Motally, providing the technology to measure precisely how few people are using Nokia phones these days."

Crikey, what were you on when you wrote this? Are you not aware that Nokia still sells more phones globally than any other company by quite some margin? If not, you should probably do some research before you write this nonsense.

Fail icon, as there doesn't seem to be one to indicate a 'hack'.

1. Ian Michael Gumby
      Boffin

I think you miss the point...

Nokia has become the favorite phone company to bash because it is so large and is lagging in the 'hottest' market of PDA phones.

The point is that its fun to poke fun of Nokia.

1. BristolBachelor Gold badge

Nokia of old

"Nokia has become the favorite phone company to bash because it is so large and is lagging in the 'hottest' market of PDA phones."

And the thing that makes it even worse is that at one time they had the hotest mobiles you could get - the communicators - with 386 and then 486 processors when the original pentium was just making it into PCs.

They seem to have lost their way and strayed very far from the path. Nokia WTF are you doing? WAKE UP!

2. Rogerborg

Hehehe, "globally"

"Are you not aware that Nokia still sells more phones globally than any other company by quite some margin?"

Suuuure it does, if you ignore the Far East market. I mean, they speak funny and read right to left in Klingon or whatever, so I guess Samsung and NTT's sales don't really count.

2. Ashbol
    WTF?

Nokia 1.7m App downloads a day

I think I heard that Ovi get 1.7 m downloads a day so they would be tracking a measly 400m apps!

3. Miek
    Joke

lmao

only 3 Nokia users then.

4. Johnny Tremaine

He's right, though the snark meter is set to High.

The point was that, while many people around the world use a Nokia phone, few people buy applications for them, aside from wall papers and ring tones, and fewer still use it for PDA type functions.

They get a Nokia to use it as a phone and some texting, like a dumbphone, and that's pretty much about it.

5. Andy Hards
    Thumb Down

Yeah, come on

I still use my Nokia more than the iPhone 3Gs I have sitting in its box.

Most people I work with are still using theirs too. People will get bored of their iPhones soon.

6. shane fitzgerald
    Dead Vulture

Huh?

Nokia plans to port Motally's technology to Qt, Symbian, Meego and Java....

But surely if its ported to Qt then it automatically runs on Symbian and Meego....(and maybe even android ;) ) Isn't that the point of Qt?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like