back to article Hacked Axl Rose Twitter account spreads false tour news

Axl Rose's Twitter account was hacked on Sunday to spread false rumours that Guns N' Roses was cancelling an upcoming European tour. Fans retweeted the message, which remains as the most recent post in the verified but little used axlrose Twitter feed. However a spokesman for the group confirmed that the autumn tour remains …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Lionel Baden
    Thumb Up

i hate the bloke

But +1 to bieber LOL

2. Studley
    Coat

Presumably the hacker...

...had an appetite for destruction?

1. lpopman
      Coat

titular stuff

And the bug exploited was a probably a result of a Spaghetti Code Incident

3. dogged
    Thumb Up

Go Axl!

Finally, somebody who's Web2.0 immune and still his bad self.

I might even go see one of their gigs now.

1. The Beer Monster
      WTF?

Bad Self?

The lad's a wuss.

Regards,

The Beer Monster

2. Annihilator
      Unhappy

re: Go Axl

"I might even go see one of their gigs now."

They haven't been GnR since the early 90's - you're not missing much, just an idiot on an ego trip

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"hacked"

Given Rose's past behaviour and generl temperment I'd guess that he wasn't hacked at all but just using it as an excuse.

1. Lance 3

Publicity

Also to get some free publicity.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

Anyone actually believe this?

Far more believable is that Axl actually went off on one, stormed off, announced on Twitter that the tour is cancelled, and this is a backtrack/excuse by the record company.

6. Trevor_Pott Gold badge
    Flame

Hacked

I decry the fact that password guessing or reset attacks are considered "hacking." That’s like saying running windows update on your home PC makes one a sysadmin. I know, I know...the term has been so used for over a decade now...but still...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like