back to article Premiership footie ticket scam targets Barclays users

Football fans are warned to be wary of a wave of phishing attacks to coincide with the start of a new Barclays Premier League season, which kicks off on Saturday. Symantec has intercepted spam messages claiming that recipients have "won a pair of tickets for the 2010/11 Barclays Premier League in a draw" that will supposedly …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What about the cash machine promo tho...

As someone who is savvy to these kind of spam attacks i may have fallen for this, if only for the cash machine tickets lottery that ran last season. Without taking huge notice of it, it implied that everytime you used a barclays cash machine, you could be entered for a draw for Premiership tickets where there was a pair to be won every 90 minutes. I think you had to choose to be entered into the draw by asking for a receipt with your cash.. Going so far as to login from a link, i dont think i would do... however... this is one of the more believable ones i've read about!

2. madferret

Read carefullye

"Common sense should tell recipients that they have no chance of winning a competition they have never entered"

...and that claim - as in 'Claime your prize' doesn't have an 'e'.

1. Spot the Cat

Not to mention

The sudden change of typeface in "Claim your ticket...."

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like