back to article LG 50PK990 Infinia 50in plasma TV

With edge lit LCD sets redefining what slim means when it comes to TVs, many of today’s plasmas are starting to look rather chunky in comparison. Or at least they were until LG’s 50PK990 put in an appearance. Despite packing in a FullHD 50in panel and oodles of features, its chassis is a mere 52mm deep making it one of the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

But...

Does it interfere with Radio 4?

1. shellyagal

Re: Alpha Sale...

Shopping through cash back websites is a great option for saving money when shopping online. Being a thrifty online buyer, I always use cash back websites like ShopAtHome, AAfter Search and Ebates, and MrRebates.

2. Jack155Q4
    Thumb Up

Menu system

I wish all manufacturers would follow suit and make clear easy to navigate menus!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Interesting Opinions...

"But it’s not just the svelte chassis that impresses, as the set’s Infinia design also means that the front of the TV is made from a single sheet of glass, so that the edge of the screen blends seamlessly with the outer bezel. Simply put, this set looks absolutely gorgeous."

Now contrast with:

http://www.reghardware.com/2010/07/31/review_hd_tv_sony_bravia_kdl_32nx503/

"Monolithic is the name of the design applied to Sony’s latest Bravia TVs and really just means that instead of a screen surrounded by a raised frame, this TV has a completely flat front – see-through for the most part – with a black edge. Or, to put it another way, there’s a sheet of plastic stretched across the front of the screen to give it its frame.

Me, I don’t like it, especially on this Bravia KDL-32NX503. Being a smaller TV size, it has the effect of making the whole thing look cheaper and where the extra level of screen makes it pretty reflective, which isn’t good.

I should add that I think I’m in the minority with this view, as the Monolithic series has met with much critical success."

Well there definatly is a range of opinions at el reg....

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Slimlime?

Title says it all.

5. King Jack

Nearly, nice but...

I don't have this set but an LG model sporting a similar interface. What I dislike is the inability of being able to shuffle the channels to suit. A feature that ALL analogue TVs of yesteryear enabled you to do. So I'll pass unit this feature returns.

6. This post has been deleted by its author

7. Framitz
    Happy

Yes it IS nice

I purchased this TV a short while ago and am very pleased. It's impossibly thin and looks even thinner than it is. Being plasma there is no viewing angle issue like with LCD. The speakers are better than many and they're hidden and fire out the bottom so the entire front is easy to glass..

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like