back to article VMware packs Zimbra into virtual appliance

The main reason why VMware took open source core groupware software maker Zimbra off the hands of Yahoo back in January was to have yet one more piece of code to sell to SMB customers and hosting companies adopting its vSphere server virtualization stack. Today, a virtual appliance version of the Zimbra email, calendaring, and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

zombra

Oh my. Our institution switched to Zimbra about a year ago. Rarely have I beheld such a steaming pile of dung, lacking in basic functionality.

1. Polly Myositis
      Happy

@AC

Not a very illuminating comment - the better I may understand Zimbras failings through your eyes, please do spell it out for me: What basic functionality is missing in your experience?

Is this in Zimbra server functionality or in the desktop email client software?

2. vegister

you're holding it wrong

seems fine for us.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Actually it should be written

...hides the underlying knobs and switches of the Ubuntu Linux and ZCS application from [INSERT]Windows[/INSERT] system administrators. Other sysadmins are just fine with it.

Honestly, I don't know why but I find it weird that people chose to run VMware on Windows. Doing a lot of sacrifice just to avoid Linux or ESXi ?

3. Viv
    WTF?

Running on top of what?

I have a terrible feeling this is going to end in tears

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like