back to article iMovie for iPhone 4

Let's get one thing straight: this is not a port of Apple iMovie from the Mac OS to the iPhone OS. Rather, think of the iMovie iPhone app is a massively cut-down version with a handful of editing functions and even fewer options. Apple iMovie for iPhone 4 Getting started in Apple's iMovie for iPhone 4: Pick a theme from a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Sigh

Can we drop the Judas/Jesus phone gag, please? It was funny once.

1. dogged
      Troll

No.

It's still funny. Suck it, fanboi.

1. h 6
        Stop

Indeed

"Judas/Jesus phone" is so annoying and tired now, and I wish El Reg would give it a rest.

And Dogged, why are you so mean?

1. dogged
          Thumb Up

why are you so mean?

because it amuses me, much the same way that seeing Apple fans cry over "Judas Phone" amuses me.

And also, I hope, the editor.

2. Arctic fox
          FAIL

I suspect that El Reg and the rest of us will give it a rest when......

........Apple cut out the "born again" "happy clappy" marketing that most of the rest of us find crucifyingly embarassing and in fact gave rise to the appellation "jesusphone" and when they admit that they did not get it quiiiiiiiiiiiiite right with Judasphone 4. In other words when Apple stop bloody well begging for it we might consider stopping it .

2. richard 69
    Pint

where did you get that coffee from?

more than £2.99? would love to taste, and of course video, that....

3. Kenny Millar
    Dead Vulture

Judas? Jesus?

Judas Phone == Bartimaeus Journalist.

4. Mr G Ninja
    Thumb Up

Back on topic ...

Here's a wee example I cooked up - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTXBe7SfJSw&hd=1

Completely agree with the review - it's a good app, but not great. However if 5 years ago someone told me I could edit High Definition video on the go, using the device I shot it on, I'd have called them a liar.

It might not be perfect, but hopefully apple can make some good improvements, or inspire someone else to come up with a better implementation, because it's damn good fun to faff about with this stuff.

5. Eddie Edwards
    Happy

I lolled

"Yes, boo-hoo for those 3GS owners out there: your phone is not powerful enough. Annoyed? After the piss-taking I have had to endure from all and sundry over my signal-fade, I really couldn't give a monkey's."

I lolled. Now excuse me while I take this call.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Halo

For 3GS owners....

There is the marvellous 1st Video from VeriCorder. No idea if it's any better than iMovie, I don't have an iPhone 4 to test it on (feel free to send me one if you're interested in the review) but it's also got a multitrack audio editor in the mix, and it's a bit more 'professional' (read: fewer fun effects!)

7. Arctic fox
    Happy

What does using this app for more than sixty seconds do........

..............to the phone's batterylife? Just wondering.

8. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Ha! The most interesting thing about this article is..

That you share the same b*stard commute as me...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like