back to article Vodafone bags UK first for BlackBerry Torch 9800

Mobile giants Vodafone is the first UK network to offer the BlackBerry Torch 9800. With the device advertised on Vodafone's website, customers can register interest, but dates and pricing aren't yet available. Reports suggest O2 UK will also stock the Torch 9800, with test units already running O2 SIM cards. Although there is …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. gav_taylor

also coming to Orange

looks like it will be available on Orange too...

http://twitter.com/conorfromorange/status/20298597857

2. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Why do they do these stupid deals with the operators?

I want the freedom to choose network and device and wil not go to one network jsut because it has a phone I want. Damn you!

1. Penguin
      Flame

Choose o2 choose crap.

The reason o2 do it is so people actually have a reason to use their truly awful network - rubbish 3G, constant network problems (as of the past 6 months anyway), expensive and with horrid customer 'service' department (every time I get off the phone with them I feel like I’ve been serviced alright!) -- But hey! At least you can get a decent phone (and Sean Bean always sounds cool too). I love my Pre but hate o2, unfortunately as I want a Torch to replace my current phone I guess I'm stuck with them for the time being.

2. Robert Hill

If only...

gawd, if only those pesky operators wouldn't let places like the Apple store, Carphone Warehouse, Expansys, and who knows how many OTHER places that let you buy a mobile with whatever contract (or lack thereof) you might wish....

Oh, the phones do cost more without a contract, don't they?

3. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Excellent

Blackberry - the phone that will work anywhere outside the middle east and, it looks likely, India.

All data sent to Canada - provided to the USA for analysis but not to non-friendly governments. The NSA have had it too easy for too long.

This phone is too little, too late. Apparently you can get a iPhone 4 for £99 on a £35 a month contract with a free rubber surround so it works properly...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like