back to article Superhero game beta sucks boobs into honeypot

Gamers anxious to try out DC Universe Online ahead of its official release have become the targets of a scam designed to trick them into completing bogus surveys. DC Universe Online, a multiplayer online game for Playstation 3 and PCs, will allow gamers to take out bad guys alongside the likes of Batman, Superman and other DC …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Alastair 7

This article is a honeypot

"suck boobs" indeed.

1. Sarah Bee (Written by Reg staff)

Re: This article is a honeypot

If it is a honeypot, what does that make you?

1. Alastair 7

Re: This article is a honeypot

I'm going to go for... a boob.

2. AnoNymousGerbil
        Pint

zxcvbnmasdfghjklqwertyuiop1234567890

He was prolly lured in reading in promise of potential iPad or some such, so maybe a honey pot fondler?

3. Anonymous Coward
        Joke

Re: Re: This article is a honeypot

Pooh bear?

While Pooh bear lacks brains tho, he has an infinite source of luck. Perhaps one of the fake keys, combined with the current event of heavy solar flare, somehow got corrupted during transmission at some point between the 100 Acre Woods and Sony's server in Japan. Luckily for him the corrupted packets translates back into a working key at the SOE server. A one in a zillion event, but no doubt possible.

It's just too bad that no mere mortal man has such luck.

4. Anomalous Cowherd Silver badge

You tell him, Bee!

Defend the honyepot!

1. Rob
          Stop

Stop

There's far too many double entendre when we have an article with the phrase honeypot and Ms Bee making an appearance in the thread.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Title

You're deliberately trying to mislead us with that headline aren't you?

Presumably said scam was was perpetrated by the Norks.

3. Robert Ramsay

To be fair...

...there was no way the story was ever going to live up to the title.

4. GeorgeTuk

Love it...

...people still getting conned with that stuff to this day!

But then again people still get conned by the market stall man with his black bags containing stuff worth at least £50 guvnor, £5 to you lot.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Arrgh

I hate that -- and especially hate those 'honeyhuts' on Oxford Street in London.

5. Phil Rigby
    Paris Hilton

Security researcher

That dude sounds more like an annoyed mark than an objective researcher to me.

1. I didn't do IT.
      Happy

Re: Annoyed mark

Potato, potatoe... gotta get the research from somewhere, eh lads?

1. Geoff Campbell Silver badge
        Happy

One of my favourite ever lines from the great, great Andy Hamilton:

Among, it must be said, many candidates.

"You say pot*ah*to, whereas we....pronounce it correctly."

From Revolting People. If you've not heard it, you've not lived.

GJC

6. Christoph
    WTF?

Real answers?

Are people still giving correct answers to surveys? You'd think they actually want to be scammed and spammed!

7. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Affiliates

As far as I can tell, affiliates exist only to give companies plausible deniability when they spam/scam or make money from those who do. "It wasn't us, it was the affiliate."

This is a great way for major advertising brokers like Overture or whoever to launder clicks from hijacked web browsers. Back in the coolwebsearch days the vast majority of links on hijacked browsers went through two or three levels of affiliates, starting in Russia and working their way west, and ended up at Yahoo or Overture or Doubleclick - who all made a mint, undoubtedly.

When asked for comment, all of the above said, "It's just the affiliates... we try to police it, but there are -so many-...." Right. You poor babies.

8. J 3
    Terminator

Superhero game beta sucks boobs into honeypot

Glad to see I wasn't the only one expecting some story related to sweetened Bulgarian airbags in distress or the like.

9. Toby Rose
    Grenade

Do it!

Gotta love the first video post on the Sunbelt site by user 'doitfaggots'!

10. serviceWithASmile
    Unhappy

sad

i only read this because of the headline....

ironically, el reg seem to have made a boobsucking honeypot all of their own

This topic is closed for new posts.