back to article Vodafone Palm Treo 750v smart phone

Palm's Treo 650 was undoubtedly the company's best smart phone release in the UK, and while the 750v offers only a couple important new features - Windows Mobile 5.0 and 3G connectivity - it's nonetheless a big step forward. But it's not the leap ahead that its predecessor was over the 600, and there are still some surprising …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Mike W

Sending via bluetooth

Regarding the comments on sending camera pictures via bluetooth, this is totally possible, you take the picture, then navigate to the picture through file explorer, tap and hold and beam the file, the phone will search for bluetooth devices and you can then send.

2. Charles Knight

Hearing very similar comments from a number of sources

I've talked to a number of people who have used this phone and the response seems to be the same - it's very very flakely plus it seems to struggle to get a 3g signal.

This review http://www.clieuk.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=8136

seems to match the experience of my contacts.

I'll give it a miss for the moment.

3. Tony Smith, Editor, Reg Hardware (Written by Reg staff)

Re. Sending via bluetooth

Thanks, Mike. This does work, but it's a tad obscure a process. How many users will figure this one out? Going to the Send... menu is surely where most folk will look, only to be presented with a list of email accounts. If you do select Beam File... the first thing you see is a reference to the infrared port - I suspect most 750v users will hit the OK button before the device search finds anything, as I did.

And you still can't send anything *to* the 750v...

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

RE: Re. Sending via bluetooth

Hi Tony,

Actually you can receive images etc. via bluetooth. There are two steps to being able to do this.

Step 1: Ensure that "Receive all incoming beams" is enabled in the Beam application that is located in Settings.

Step 2: Make the sure the device is discoverable in the bluetooth menu.

I admit that it isn't the easiest but once setup it DOES work.

Hope this helps.

Mike

5. Tony Smith, Editor, Reg Hardware (Written by Reg staff)

Re. Sending via bluetooth

I does indeed work. Again, the process isn't straightforward, and Mac OS X told me the device claimed it couldn't take the file, but over it went and I now have a handful of MP3s on the Treo to test the Bluetooth stereo support.

Thanks for the info, Mike.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like