back to article BlueArc gets extra greenbacks

BlueArc, the hardware-accelerated NAS array supplier startup, has pocketed another $20m in a seventh funding round, taking total funding to around $225m. The company was started up in 1998 and, 12 years later, still isn't able to stand on its own feet and make profits. Its use of FPGA hardware to accelerate NAS (network- …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. vengey

expensive

I've just bought an 18 month old titan for 25% of the original purchase price. Fantastic company to deal with to take up refurbs and for general advice. Top notch storage as well, but it is expensive to buy new. For me it doesn't make financial sense to buy it new, as it is already overkill for what I need, but I bought it more out of curiousity than anything else.

I think BlueArc will do much better when they bring out a more entry level system for real world use. In the mean time, eyes on Dell. They are doing some fairly agressive pricing right now.

1. Angrr

Mercury vs Titan

Mercury is the next generation product and what we are mostly shifting to our direct customers if they don't have a specific requirement for Titan, i.e. environmental. It's a very competitively priced product.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like