back to article US Border Patrol laughs off spyplane prang wristslap

The US border patrol will press ahead with plans to enlarge its fleet of unmanned surveillance aircraft, despite embarrassing revelations about the programme which have emerged following a crash last year. At the moment US Customs and Border Protection (CBP), part of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), operates two …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

canada

Will they be monitoring the Canadian border to stop people leaving?

2. Adam Williamson
    Joke

re canada

nah, they're just fed up of British Columbians emptying the outlet malls thanks to the Incredible Free-Falling Yankee Dollar...

3. Morely Dotes
    Black Helicopters

Re: canada

"Will they be monitoring the Canadian border to stop people leaving?"

Soon, young paduwan, soon. But first the Emperor must consolidate his power, and openly declare martial law and the suspension of Constitutional rights.

4. yeah, right.

@Dotes

This Emperor has minions who aren't so stupid. He will continue to befuddle the masses by letting them believe they still have a Constitution. He even parades it out every so often. Meanwhile, he and his buddies are busy raping it in the back broom closet.

This one has learned from past mistakes, and he is doing the "slowly consolidate power" schtick rather than openly declaring himself.

Besides, when the US runs out of fresh water in the next few years they're going to want to annex Canada anyway. Not that they pretty much haven't already done so. Their Prime Minister still hasn't revealed who funded his political campaign.

5. Eugene Goodrich

Why watch the US-Canadian border?

I think mostly they'd be looking for people smuggling marijuana. By radar scanning the rugged, evergreen-covered hills in the area. Or by looking for heat signatures and figuring out whether it's a bear.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Black Helicopters

US should want all the smart people

The good news is, people still want to get in. The bad news is, all the work they think is inside, is being outsourced.

Anyone who can score 1400 on the American SATs ought to get an automatic green card. Anyone that can pass the GREs should get permanent resident status. Oh, but I suppose that means they are smarter than CNCNA GWB...

As for the fresh water, didn't anyone notice the polar ice caps disappearing? Didn't you all wonder where all that water was going????

7. Robert Moore
    Flame

Canada Eh?

"Besides, when the US runs out of fresh water in the next few years they're going to want to annex Canada anyway. Not that they pretty much haven't already done so."

As a proud Canadian, I need to say that we kicked their butts in 1812, and we can and will do it again if forced to.

There are two reasons why I say this.

1. All the smartest Americans (Oxymoron I know) have already left.

2. All the Canadians I know would rather die than to become American.

8. John A Blackley

@Robert Moore

"2. All the Canadians I know would rather die than to become American."

Wonderful! When do you start?

9. skeptical i

seize 14 tons and what do you get

There was an article in one of the Arizona fishwraps recently -- http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/printDS/205019 -- which stated that marijuana "imports" of < 500 pounds were not being prosecuted. Article does not state how many of these capture- and- release shipments were detected using the roboplanes.

This topic is closed for new posts.