back to article Firefox update fixes plug-in snafu

Mozilla has responded to plugin stability issues with a new version of Firefox. Firefox 3.6.8 was published on Friday just three days after the release of 3.6.7, a far more substantial update that addressed eight critical flaws and six less serious bugs Most of the reported problems involved an Adobe Flash player plugin for …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Title Required

Fixed my Moms laptop this morning - on opening Firefox, and loading her IG page at google, it would simply close again - no error message, the window would simply close. Tracked it down to a Flash file on her desktop, and Flash bringing down Firefox. 3.6.8 fixed it.

2. Ole Juul

So when are they going to get a round tuit

"The incident is not the first time a patch for the open source browser has been prompted by problems involving its extensions, rather than bugs in its basic build."

Yes, I've noticed that the "bugs in its basic build" are still there - specifically the memory leak.

1. Eddie Johnson
      Unhappy

And the Print Bug

They seem to have zero interest in fixing the print bug that crashes the browser too. It's been around since 2.0 at least.

3. Graham Marsden

In the past few days...

... I've noticed a sudden increase in messages that "A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding ..." so it seems that it's still rather over-sensitive to pages that take a little while to load.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like