back to article Bookie takes wagers on iPhone 4 recall

Bookmaker Paddy Power is offering odds of 4:5 that Apple will recall the iPhone 4. The odds are based on the chance of "Apple's iPhone 4 being totally recalled" and that the recall "must be confirmed by Apple to be due to hardware issue relating to antennae". It also has to take place this year. Not convinced Apple's going to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Dan 55 Silver badge

Of course they're going to muddle through

If the customer complains, they get a new one, if not they don't. They might quietly extend the guarantee (Time Machine) but don't say why. That's the way Apple's always done it.

2. mossop
    Pirate

Odds slipping

Exactly 2.5hrs later and the odds have drifted.

I thought it would be easy money betting on NO recall, but that has changed!

YES 7/2 vs NO 1/6

£10 on YES = £45 return

£10 on NO = £11.16 return

Must be a lot of people out there betting that Steve will ride out the storm...

mossop

3. T-Unit
    Jobs Horns

Surely a safer bet

does not exist. The odds might not be great but Apple admitting fault does not seem likely so admitting a fault AND shelling out to fix it seems like the kind of thing they might do the day Satan takes up ice skating

4. Richard Cartledge
    Go

What idiots?

What idiots would put money on a "recall" for a minor usage niggle?

Companies only recall when forced to due to a significant safety defect.

The best people can hope for is normal warranty repair/replace or a repair extension program (SIC) as Apple call it.

There will be no damn recall.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Joke

Oooh, tetchy.

Yes, I suppose you're right: being unable to use a phone for its intended purpose is pretty minor.

5. jane55

iPhone 4 recalled

I think the obvious solution here is if Apple gives iPhone 4 customers a complimentary rubber bumper. If this truly helps with signal reception, it will surely save the cost of having to recall an entire product line. IMHO.

While I love their products, I do hope Apple steps up on this one.

The iPhone 4 tempting features, HD Video Recording and reviews:

http://ifunia.com/iphone-column/index.html

1. yoinkster
      Coffee/keyboard

a free rubber bumper?

but the fanbois buy the crapple products for the prettiness, they surely aren't going to want to hide their phone in a fugly sleeve? I'd be pretty pissed off if Nokia said to me "your phone has a problem and the only way we can be bothered to fix it is to give you this ugly sock that costs us 2c to manufacture."

crapple won't do anything about this problem and I'm hoping it will lead to a significant drop in the loud, obnoxious fanboi numbers.

6. tony 33
    Badgers

recall?

isn't there an app to predict that?

7. Matt Siddall
    Jobs Horns

Recently spotted in a betting shop (allegedly)

Mysterious man walks in, takes out monogrammed wallet (SJ) and places a hefty wedge of cash on the counter. "I'd like to bet on Apple recalling the iphone 4."

Betting shop staff take the cash, count it and issue the betting slip.

Man walks out, and is heard talking on his (i)phone shortly afterwards "All we need is a few more bets like this and we'll actually make money on a recall! And people will think we really care about them." Chortling maniacally, he walks off.

1. Lottie

Not using an Iphone 4 then?

see above

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like