back to article BlackBerry tablet to trump iPad with Flash, videoconferencing

More details are emerging about Research in Motion's long-rumored BlackBerry tablet: it will have a seven-inch display, both back- and front-facing cameras, and will support hardware-accelerated Adobe Flash. These speculations were reported by Cnet last Friday based on a research note by Ashok Kumar of Rodman & Renshaw, and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. R Cox

Email and Google

Just curious, is BB 6 going to have full support for IMAP. Last time I checked not even Gmail support the blackberry. While a blackberry tablet may stop the loss of sales for businesses that have blackberry infrastructure and exchange, I think many people iike me want full imap access to their many email accounts, and the average consumer wants access to gmail.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Gmail has been available on the Blackbery for a couple of years

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices/features/communication/gmail.jsp

2. Anonymous Coward
      Happy

Blackberries do email now?

Not sure if this is what you are talking about.... by my Curve 8900 has been hooked up to my gmail account since I got it back in 2009.. and I'm on BB-OS 4.6

-

An Ignorant soul who's happy as long as his email is getting pushed through :)

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Too Little Too Late?

I would imagine there will be plenty of Android tablets out by December, and in January/February Apple will probably announce the next version of the iPad. Developers are likely to bet on either Android or iOS over RIM. RIM maybe able to sell it as a device to business, but likely they'll be wiped out in the consumer market.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Go

bb vs iPad

Smaller screen, flash and teleconferencing - the 3 things i dont really want.

as long as skype works for voice only its fine - honestly. I have had free video mins from 3, and didnt use them. i have a web cam in my laptop and i dont use it on skype. I really dont need to see someone to talk to them on skype.

1. L1feless

Oh Well...

Then clearly you're not who they are targeting. I can think of plenty of colleagues of mine who would love to have teleconferencing & flash support. The smaller screen though is kind of a funny seeing as its core benefit is video capabilities.

Either way a step in the right direction.

4. Pavlov's obedient mutt

you didn't miss anything

Be grateful you missed the final

it was shit

No flash did you - by accident or not - a great favour...

In fact, if I had an iPad and was watching the game on it, I might had damaged it beyond repair when that off side was ignored allowing *that* goal

Or when our fabulous goal scorer missed the open goal, with the lying prone spanish keeper....

klotezak

1. Chris 2

that off side was ignored

Which offside? The one where Iniesta was played onside by (I think) Van Bommel from Torres' attempted pass, or the one where Iniesta was about six feet behind Mathijsen from Fabregas' pass?

Pathetic whinging.

1. Pavlov's obedient mutt

oh poo

stop interfering in a good whine by supply relevant facts

1. Chris 2
          Thumb Up

heh

Fair enough, whine away :)

2. Dan 10
      Thumb Down

That's football...

Re offside: I suppose, but then your man should have had a red card for that ridiculous kung fu kick...

1. Pavlov's obedient mutt

True

I cringed at that.. a lot.

2. L1feless
        Paris Hilton

he couldn't help it...

..he just watched the New Karate Kid Movie. Ninja's can play football too.

Then again if we are getting into specifics: The body check and hip check from two Spanish players were Yellow Card worthy. The red card which was given to the Netherlands made up for the red card which should have been given. Lets not even mention the should have been corner kick in extra time as well as the straight arm preventing a potential goal in the box. All-in-all not only was the officiating crap but so was the style of play of both teams.

*Insert Exit Music* Everybody be kung fu fighting.....

*Paris because she was smoking pot somewhere nearby and likely agrees with me*

5. Ascylto
    Alien

What?

Mylewski has an Apple product?

I think we should be told!

Spiteful git.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: What?

Rik was variously staff writer, head of labs and executive editor at Macuser. He also ran Macaddict.

What do you think?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like