back to article LG launches 'world's smallest' plasma TV

LG will bring what it claims is the world's first 32in plasma HD TV to space-restricted living rooms in the UK next month after debuting the diminutive flat panel in Brazil this week. To date, the smallest plasma TVs available in the UK have been 37in models, but for many consumers keen to embrace the flat-panel revolution, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Hiten

32 inch plasma is nothing new

Hitachi had the 32PD3000 available since around 2003. I've had one in the bedroom for a couple of years.

2. W
    Go

World's smallest. At 32"!

I know there are lots of other "worlds smallest" things that are bigger, but am I the only on who found it cute/strange that the world's version of a piece of consumer electronics measures up to a size bigger than my arm? Or 0.0881657447 Double Decker Buses (5.8lg) to be precise.

Note adherence to Reg Club rule #5 whilst contravening rule #1.

:-)

3. Paul Bennett

Not the First...

How strange? The 32" Hitachi 32PD5200 sitting in my lounge must be a mirage...

4. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

So my 5 year old 32" plasma...

is a record breaker then? A Hitachi 32PD5200 to be precise, from John Lewis...

5. David Haworth

the worlds smallest plasma?

it's hardly the words smallest. I remember seeing a Hitachi 32PD5200 in curries years ago (2004ish I think) which was a 32" HD ready plasma TV. 1024x1024 res, DVI (with HDCP) and component connectivity.

not the greatest specs in the world I grant you, but it's the same screen size, it's a plasma and it's 3 years older. I'm not saying that the LG screen isn't alright, but it's hardly the worlds smallest.

dave

6. W
    Go

World's smallest. At 32"!

I know there are lots of other "worlds smallest" things that are bigger, but am I the only on who found it cute/strange that the world's version of a piece of consumer electronics measures up to a size bigger than my arm? Or 0.0881657447 Double Decker Buses (5.8lg) to be precise.

Note adherence to Reg Club rule #5 whilst contravening rule #1.

:-)

7. druck Silver badge

Not even SD?

A quick search reveals some sites are quoting a resolution of 852x480 which isn't even SD PAL. There aren't many 1080 LCDs in that size but almost all claiming to be HD are 768p.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like